Wayne Co vs Mt. Pleasant

twh06

WC won again against MP convincingly by 11 points. WC looked to have regained some confidence in this one on Mt Pleasants floor. I hope this is a turning point for the Wildcats last few stagnant starts. Mosely came off the bench and sparked us in the 2nd half with some key steals and baskets. JD Byrd and Sig contributed largely as usual. Great job wildcats. You all looked fired up tonight and ready to play. Big home games next week. Lets string a few wins together before tournament time. Oh yeah and has anyone noticed that the Wildcats are 15-7. That is like the best record since 94. Its been a long time coming huh.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnbasketball101

Not sure that I would use this game to build confidence for the cats. MP is one of the worst teams in that district if u are talking competitive teams. Not sure who Sig is but I think your talking about the Miller boy. He and Byrd are great! I don't think they get the props they should just because of where they play. I have not seen WC since XMas but i am sure those two are still carrying that team. I believe that both of those boys have a college career ahead if they so chose. Good talk with u. Hope to chat again WC is one of my favorite teams to keep up with

Guest critic12A

I totally agree 101 i have been covering boys basketball for 25 yrs now and that MP team is not good. As a matter fact neither of those teams are very good. It looks like the will play each other the first round of the tourny so one will have to move on to the region. But that will be as far as they will go. The 1st round of the region would be an overachievment for either of these two subpar teams. I look for Perry co, Summertown, and Santa Fe to make waves in the south. And for the guy that is shooting off about the best record in 8 yrs, I would wait til seasons end to open my mouth about records. Because u still have 4 loss left on your schedule for sure not counting upsets.

Well,well I see I have a few critics of my posts. And as always, I do have a rebuttle.

101 your post makes sense as MP is not a very strong team this year but you build off the good things you do when you haven't been playing well and we did some good things against MP. And yes my boy Sig is Brad Miller. And he and JD are two great guards in the region and I think in the entire single A.

Critic12A first off I said its the best record since 94 so that would be 9 years. If you have been watching 12A basketball for the last 25 years you must have took the first half of this season off because we beat 5 out of the last 6 teams we play earlier this year so exactly what did you base that statement on. And I don't believe that congratulating your team for actually having a winning season counts as shooting off at the mouth. These guys have turned around WC b-ball and they deserve every bit of praise they get. I never said we'll be in Murfy town or anything, I am just pround of how far we have come. Please respond because I am enjoying this.

Guest tnbasketball101

I think that your encouragement for the team is good. I just think that u should be more objective when it comes to your observation of the team. You are right about the remaining teams he shouldn't have made that statement. I am kinda surprised that the post play has gotten worst a WC since the beginning of the year. But that is no reason to give WC losses before they play. I feel this team should have been hands down 2nd or 3rd by watching them at the beginning of the year.

[Edited by tnbasketball101 on 2-2-03 6:44P]

101 if you knew me and/or asked some of the players on the team, you would find that I am their biggest critic and am objective of everything they do on the court...privately. I choose to put a positive spin on their efforts publicly because some of these players are family or like family and I think you should keep those types of comments "in the family". Me putting objective comments about Wayne Co. on a public board would achieve nothing but causing problems. You are right though, my posts are biased towards WC but who isn't towards their team. I appreciate your positive comments toward our team. We need all we can get.

101 if you knew me and/or asked some of the players on the team, you would find that I am their biggest critic and am objective of everything they do on the court...privately. I choose to put a positive spin on their efforts publicly because some of these players are family or like family and I think you should keep those types of comments "in the family". Me putting objective comments about Wayne Co. on a public board would achieve nothing but causing problems. You are right though, my posts are biased towards WC but who isn't towards their team. I appreciate your positive comments toward our team. We need all we can get.

Wayne Co. is a slightly above average team, but they are at best 4th in district 12A. They are not near as good as the top three of Perry Co., Santa Fe, and Summertown night in and night out. They have a chance to prove themselves tomm. night when they host Santa Fe. Santa Fe got beat badly by Mt. Pleasant not to long ago, but they have come back strong after getting all thier players healthy again. They are coming off a impressive victory over Summertown. This should be an interesting game. Santa Fe's post are too much for Wayne Co., but Wayne Co, always plays Santa Fe tough at home. My prediction is Santa Fe 62-54