Clarksville Hoops

sweetj39

Seems like NE will be the team to beat in 10-AAA if they get by Clarksville tonight. They seem to be the most poised in a close game and nobody in their right mind will play them straight man because they execute so well in the half court. Best coached team in town and prepared when facing teams. Their defensive pressure will get to the best of teams. Calvin Carter ( NE ) is MVP of district .

I also heard that Northwest tried everyway possible to give gave away against Dickson Co. Last night. Poor clock management when they had lead late in regulation and in the overtime sessions. seems like players on Northwest dont know roles and that will do them in come any close game. I disagre with CHEV. Northeast is the one team nobody wants to play in a due or die game. But seems there is parity in 10-AAA this season.

Only Coach Howard Jackson cant screw up such a stud team that he has. Harris and Sampson are two studs that if he would turn loose nobody in their district could stop that duo. But is good for the other teams in the district that he is there to put such cuffs on them and restrict those D-1 prospects. What a shame !!!

How do you take Northeast over Henry County in 10-AAA? Henry County has won 9 games in a row including a 2 OT game against Northeast AT Northeast(Henry County was up 16-0 at one point they REALLY tried to blow it and couldn't). They played and really thumped Clarksville on Monday night. They are playing their best basketball of the year right now. I hope they can keep it going. Remember this is a team that went to Substate last year and they returned almost everyone and added some very talented Sophomores.

First to sweetj, That is very disrespectful to post about Howard Jackson..Believe me they are a lot better team than they're record show. You have to realize they havent been playing full strength this year because of thier lost of PG from last year Jerry Howell. I heard he is back and that will help them tremendously.

As far as the district, Clarksville high and Henry Co are obviously the best teams at this point. Northeast has been playing really well as of late but is that unexpected?? NO, Al Cooper does a GREAT job with those guys. Northwest comes in behind East and Dickson co is next. Naturally I wouldnt want to play Northeast and Dickson in a do or die situation because of the talent and how well they've been playing. Clarksville looks to wrap the district up but you never know because there is so much parity in this district..This may be the first time its no clear cut favorite like in past years with the Great Clarksville high teams and Solid Henry Co teams with Dickson following and Northeast with all the athletes.