Unaka High Fans!!

sportiemom

I really hate to air dirty laundry on here but I know alot of you read this and there is no other way to get my point across to this many people. Please read this with an open mind.

As I sat at the game last night against University I was really into the game and as excited as all the other fans. The thing that is bothering me is that you do not get into the girls game with even one tenth of the emotion that you do the boys. They are representing "your" school too. I think that they deserve the same fan spirit as the boys. As you can see it helps the team when the fans are backing them and really into the game. I don't even have a kid on either team and I am there cheering for your kids. It is a matter of I love Unaka and I want us to take it all. Both Girls and Boys. I never see the boys team cheering for the girls but I do see the girls cheering for the boys. Come on boys ~ "these are your friends"

So what I am asking is that we come together as a community and help our "kids" and make them "all" feel special

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest madhandles

how can u get excited about a blowout. anyways, it's that way at most every other high school around the country. the only reason fans even watch the girls play is because in order to get a seat at the boys game you have to sit through half of a girls game.

#1 ~ I am not just talking about last night. If the girls had the fans behind them at the cloudland game then the outcome might have been different. Among other games.

#2 ~ We are not and don't have to be every other high school. What do we teach our kids. You don't have to be like everyone else. Sound farmilar?

#3 ~ It is your mentality that makes it continue to be this way.

#4 ~ I hope you don't have kids cause if you think like that then you are only breeding the same. I was hoping for "I guess you are right ~ We need to support our girls too."

I take it you don't have a daughter or if you do she don't play sports . Cause if you did I would not be telling you this. What goes around comes around.

Also I guess I can pick you out now you will be the one asleep for the girls game so you can get your seat. I hope it pinches your a. :)

That is a poor excuse ~ your locker time is not that long. You have a lot of good friends on the girls team and you should be getting the oher boys to cheer for them like they cheer for you. Set the example like you do on the floor playing ball. You are a good kid and I am really surprised that that was your answer to this thread. Hope your girl don't see it :)

Mad,

I have seen the gym packed in middle TN for girls games only. Livingston had the house packed during the Christmas Tourney.

I have a girl who plays and have seen Unaka's fans cheer for them. But I have to admit it is hard to understand when Boys parents ask for and incourage fan support for the Boys and sit silent while the girls play.

I guess they need to rest just like the cheerleaders for the BIG Boys Games. :)

why aint this on the girls thread cline made a good point but i think the girls have as much support as the guys do at unaka iv been to games and was there fri. night the only thing they didnt have was the student section like the boys and if u want that then get your old players to come back and cheer cause it has nothing to do with parents or boys players it just that old players from the boys return to cheer hard unlike most girls no offence to them but thats the way it is and will be till they get some returning girls to come back

I agree with madhandles. Girls games are slow, they are always bickering amongst themselves (player and player, parent and player and parents and parents) and when your cheerleaders are bored with it????

Seems like the older girls get the less interested in any sport they become. i'd even say the girls players would rather watch the boys games. i guess this will sound wrong but...girls let boys effect their playing and boys could care less if they are fighting with their girlfriends.

if that's not true? take poll and see how many girl have quit sports for boys and how many boys have quit for girls.

but I will say this the unaka girls are more fun to watch than the Happy valley boys. If that's any consolation?