Kingston vs. OS

BBALLTN

Posted by swamp:

Yeah, but AC doesn't have a 24-point win in their pocket.

I may be confused about something, but the score at the beginning of the game will be 0-0.

More notes for those interested:

Oliver Springs is 5-5 when their opponent scores more than 60 points ... 1-3 when their opponent scores more than 70 points ... 13-0 when holding the opponent to less than 60 ... Oliver Springs is 12-2 when scoring more than 60 points.

When scoring 55 points or less, Oliver Springs is 1-3. Those three losses came at the hands of #6 Jackson County, #12 Livingston Academy and #29 Kingston. In its 17-2 record when scoring more than 55 points, Oliver Springs has defeated #2 McMinn Central and #15 Giles County.

Kingston is 0-4 when their opponent scores more than 60 points ... 0-0 when their opponent scores more than 70 points ... 11-0 when holding their opponent to less than 45 points ... Kingston is 8-2 when scoring more than 50 points.

When scoring 55 points or less, Kingston is 6-6, with wins over three teams and losses to #32 Meigs County and #30 Austin East. In its 7-1 record when scoring more than 55 points, Kingston has defeated #10 Oliver Springs, #54 Scott, #89 Sweetwater, and 3 1A squads.

Whew. And to think that you can make a career out of doing this... :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0-0, indeed. I didn't realize that Kingston was #29. Who's rankings are those? CoachT's?

I'm glad you took the time to do all that. Now I'm convinced. I'm definitely taking Kingston to cover.

Posted by iamoz:
Posted by swamp:

Yeah, but AC doesn't have a 24-point win in their pocket.

I may be confused about something, but the score at the beginning of the game will be 0-0.

More notes for those interested:

Oliver Springs is 5-5 when their opponent scores more than 60 points ... 1-3 when their opponent scores more than 70 points ... 13-0 when holding the opponent to less than 60 ... Oliver Springs is 12-2 when scoring more than 60 points.

When scoring 55 points or less, Oliver Springs is 1-3. Those three losses came at the hands of #6 Jackson County, #12 Livingston Academy and #29 Kingston. In its 17-2 record when scoring more than 55 points, Oliver Springs has defeated #2 McMinn Central and #15 Giles County.

Kingston is 0-4 when their opponent scores more than 60 points ... 0-0 when their opponent scores more than 70 points ... 11-0 when holding their opponent to less than 45 points ... Kingston is 8-2 when scoring more than 50 points.

When scoring 55 points or less, Kingston is 6-6, with wins over three teams and losses to #32 Meigs County and #30 Austin East. In its 7-1 record when scoring more than 55 points, Kingston has defeated #10 Oliver Springs, #54 Scott, #89 Sweetwater, and 3 1A squads.

Whew. And to think that you can make a career out of doing this... :)

Where do you find those?

Posted by iamoz:

Those are the Strength+Success ranking positions.

In 22 games, OS has outscored opponents by a margin of 271 points (12.3 avg), Kingston 163 in 20 games (8.2 avg). Oliver Springs has lost by more than ten points on two occassions, Kingston four times.

There is so little separation on those that I'll take your word for the ranking. I don't feel like re-typing all that to sort them.

Posted by iamoz:

Click Women's Basketball, then Strength of Schedule. The Strength + Success runs down the right-hand side. The top five in those rankings are also displayed on the front of the site during the day on MWF.

I think the heroic effort tonight for Oliver Springs will come from a complete team effort, as the ladies play with great intensity and a strong sense of urgency.

For my scoring prophesy to be fullfilled, at least five players must score in double figures. That's just two more than from Friday's Anderson County game.