Will Loretto @ Fairview be played tonight?

PageMan

This will be a hard call for Loretto. It has snowed here ALL day and is snowing hard right now. The roads are clear and we only have about an inch on the ground. It is just above freezing a ground level and it seems to melt at about the same rate that it is falling. We've conservatively had 3 inches fall today and it will be hard to know what is going to happen after nightfall if this continues. After all, according to radar, all we have had is rain. :)

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have had a hard time getting a message back because coacht server slow.

I predict the team who hits the most FT's will win.

Loretto hit 75.0% against Page & Fairview hit 83.3%.

Or will it be the 3-pt shooting of Fairview that wins out.

Story at 6 - Fairview gym. I'll be there with clipboard in hand to track the action.

mane tonight's game was a heartbreaker for the lady jackets, they have been struggling for a while now and nothing will fall for them. i believe some fatigue is seeting in with them only having ten players on the team. i believe the girls will regroup by the district tourney and will make some noise. were you there tonight pageman? what did u think about it?

Loretto won the game on good inside play by Jana Cross (20 pts.) and by hitting 30 of 47 FT's. Since Fairview do not report the game to "The Tennessean", I'll give you a brief rundown of the scoring.

Loretto 61 : Cross 20, Birdyshaw 15, Lindsey 9, Hannah 7, Stone 5, Andrews 3, M.Green 2

Fairview 56 : Boaz 15, Bledsoe 11, King 9, Brison 9, Hufstedler 5, Kennedy 3, Hutchinson 2, Andrea Mangrum 2

Fairview's three point barrage (Boaz 3, Bledsoe, Kennedy, King) was not enough to overcome the early lead built by Loretto on their three-point shooting in the 1st qtr. by Hannah, Stone, & Lindsey. This 20-11 lead stood up as Fairview never led. The good inside play & rebounding by Loretto's Cross was a key factor, but the 4th qtr. FT's by Loretto (15 of 27) sealed the win. There were 49 total fouls & 63 FT attempts. Fairview's Bledsoe had sort of an off night with only 11 pts as some of her spin-move & running jump shots did not fall. Boaz had a good night with 3 three's - very good quick release shot. King almost had a five-pt. play as she was fouled after hitting a three, but missed the 2nd FT. I believe this cut Loretto's lead to three pts. Coach Bledsoe was called for a technical in the closing seconds after an out-of-bounds play went against Fairview. Loretto's Birdshaw hit the two FT's to seal the win for Loretto.

If Fairview could have scored after Loretto missed their FT's in the 4th. qtr., it could have been a different story.

I think Fairview will regroup by tournament time and be a strong contender. PageMan

[Edited by PageMan on 2-7-03 9:39A]