MHA falls to MUS in 3OT

mhalionboy03

not one black guy on the basketball team cared what they did, and i also heard it was for their "MUS, Hutchison, and NELLYVILLE Dance" after the game. if trey willams, john bradfrod, justin jenkins, cortez mack, byron taylor, marion price, tacoma alexander, cj harris,and greg hardy (all of our black players) didn't care.....then why should ya'll.

i did percieve it as racial at first but i dont believe so anymore. and no one that it would have offended really cares

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care what the basketball team thought about it. I'm just upset that a school with as good a reputation as MUS would either intentionally plan such an insult or, the more likely scenario, didn't have the foresight to realize the implications of their actions. It was perceived as racially offensive, whether meant that way or not. They used bad taste and poor judgement and I expect more from a school like MUS. And it wasn't very smart for a group of MUS fans to tell me that it was for "Harding Day" after the game. Just think about your actions.

They werent making fun of you lion suit. The dudes they were making fun of dont crae, why should you. The basketball players took it as fun. it didnt affect their play. they played a heck of a game and had to go through w/ it. Just cuz we lost doesnt give you a reason to try and get a school you hate (i hate to) in trouble. STOP COMPLAINING! Im sick and tired of it. One post in this thread was about one of the better games of the year in Memphis. I mean Triple Overtime, tying shot by MUS to send it to the third, Baum's dunk. The big crowd. I mean it was great enviorment for a semi-rival.( one school considers it, the other doesnt). But get off the racist subject. All you little people trying to get on here and say MUS stinks lets make them look bad. Just shut up. Its enough. If b-head, trey, john, jenk, cortez, tacuma, etc. didnt care, why should you? ask yourself why your really mad, its not because it was racist, its because we loss! If we had won, we wouldnt have heard about it at all form any of you.

It was a great game, and I'm not mad. I mentioned it before the game even started. I never said MUS stunk. I am simply using a public forum to express my displeasure in the poor taste of MUS. I am not trying to bash them, they have a great team, that's why their tied for 2nd in the region. Win or lose, it was very poor taste. That's all I'm saying. I also expressed this in an e-mail to Mr. Haguewood and got a response. If no one on the basketball team is upset, good. I'm not mad, just highly disappointed. It was bad judgement by smart people. I'm not calling for a lynch mob. People make mistakes. I'm sorry, 4ever, if you misunderstood what I was saying. MUS is a great school and have proven that by apologizing - they did apologize. I'm MUS's biggest fan come this Tuesday when they play ECS. I know it didn't affect our team, we just couldn't shoot at first and then had a great rally.

[Edited by mhalionboy03 on 2-9-03 10:47P]