DYER CO district 13-AA reg sea champs

dcchoctaws1

dyer co finished the district 10-0, which makes them the reg season district 13-AA champs. dyer co never gave westview a chance to even think about changing the unblemished mark in the district winning by 30,72-42. very outstanding performance tonite as a team and we learned once again that crittendon and fisk are not the only offensive firepower the choctaws have.

now where are my westveiw critics who said dyer co was over rated and played the weakest schedule in classAA?????? some body sure didnt have a clue when they posted that!!!! :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. I am like you where are all of those Westview critics? Come on, Wescharge. GIVE IT UP to the REAL MEN in ORANGE AND WHITE!!!!!!!! GREAT SEASON DC AND IT IS ONLY GETTING STARTED. STAY FOCUSED CAUSE YOU ARE ON A MISSION. I know that the District Tournaments will be @ Gibson County but where will the Regionals be held this year? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know for sure when the District Tournaments start?

Wescharge NEVER said anything about a weak schedule. That was not a Westview poster!! Wescharge is smarter than that. Intelligent fans never question schedules. Only wins and loses.

Dyer Co. is for real. I like the fact that Hopkins is playing 7-8 guys this year. This was not the first time that I was impressed with Antonio Mitchell. Matt Benjamin needs to get some more shots before the tourney gets going. If he can come off the bench and shoot like Morris did, then DC has a pretty good chance. I also feel like the new gym is really going to help as well. It has the feeling of being enormous, yet the atmosphere is still there.

Regional Tourney is in Gibson Co. as well.

Dyer Co. is 15-20 pts better than everyone else in the district. The only reason I don't say 25 is because Westview missed alot of FT's, and Union City hung with DC for a while. They have too many weapons.

If you would have told me that Crittendon would be held to 8, and Black and Bright would both have double digit scoring, I would never have guessed they would have been beaten by 30.

thanks for the compliment cheering4dc. i beleive that regionals will be held at gibson co this year also. it is too my best understanding that is our regions turn to host it since it was played at fayette ware last year in somerville. it is still a long road to our destination but i think dc can and will bring the gold ball home. not many teams have been through what dc has been through this year with all the contoversy they had surronding them. yet throught the midst of it they still came out winners and sport a 21-2 record and 10-0 in the district.we have yet to see the real dyer co boys yet. they will be on display in postseason and will be better as it goes on down the journey toward the gold ball........

go choctaws!!!!!! :)

I'm like you Beave, I've seen Dyer Co. several times now and Butch actually has a rotation this year! Still think he would have benefitted from substituting more the last two years but maybe this is a part of the "kinder, gentler Hopkins" to go along with the shirt & tie. Running the triangle & two on Fisk/Crittendon gave Westview a shot but the zone had no answer for Mitchell in the 1st half and the 2nd half was all Choctaw. If DC plays up to potential they should cruise to the sub-state(UC, Haywood, Fayette-Ware are possible stumbling blocks if they have an off-night). Sub-state could be another story even at home. Nick Stiggers triumphant return to the Bluff City is going to bolster BTW and Ridgeway is already pretty salty. However, I wish Dyer Co. the best of luck. Will they get to host sub-state this year if they advance to that point?

no substate at dyer co!!!! it will be in memphis win or lose the region championship...booker t is really playing now and so is ridgeway so they will most likely be our opponents in the sub state. one of the two, but we HAVE GOT TO GET THERE FIRST!!! we have a bulls eye on our backs with a 21-2 record and a #2 state ranking along with 2 strait state tourney appearaces and back 2 back district and regional champions....i think dyer co has a defense to answer booker t and ridgeway if they meet. i also beleive dyer co is much more defensive than last year which will help big time..

DC fans,

You have the best team in a weak district. Go ahead and brag because I know you want to but reality will set in when you go to Memphis. DC has had alot of talent the past 2-3 years but wont win the gold ball this year either. If you get to Murfresboro you will see that playing one of the weakest schedules this year will hurt you. All DC has had to do so far this year is show up and they would have won 20 games. I understand the excitement of DC fans but be realistic and you know what I've said is true.