Sholly / Morgan seeding question.

sly

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan finished 6th, Sholly holds a 4th place medal. I know that Sholly did not medal last year, however, he did finish 4th and he was region V champion this year. State considers the medal not the year....

Strange but true...I am little concerned about the 130 bracket where the top 5 wrestlers from the state are in the bottom half of the bracket....Really messed up.

Previous year comes first. At 171 Wipperman and Jones were both runner-up last season. Wipperman was at 171 and Jones at 160. After last year's criteria has been applied and the wrestlers placed, then they go back to see if anyone was a state placer in previous years and position them in the bracket, if they are a region champ.

The criteria is listed at http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/wrestling.pdf

Thanks, I think we've got that figured out now. It was an oversight by the TSSAA. It has been now been corrected. Although.........here's another discussion.....I find it hard to believe that Nathan Jones a former state champion is seeded second at 171. I know the way the criteria is now that it is correct but maybe instead of just looking at the previous years medals you look at all medals from all years with the highest place and weight class taking the higher seed. (ie, Nathan Jones would be the #1 seed due to his 1st place finish 2 years ago). Any thoughts about seeding?