Which div. is harder to win-D-1 or D-2?

karelin

It requires two different scenarios to win in either div.; numbers win in D-2, individual talent in D-1, or a combined state tourney. Bradley should win in D-1, but they would have a hard time winning D-2. Look how close Cleveland came to winning their region, but Bradley should pull away in the state. You can't have any weak spots in the D-2 race. It appears I have attempted to answer my own question.

that can be summed up like this:

TO WIN in Div I or Div II individual tourny is often the same.

TO PLACE in Div. I is MUCH MUCH more challenging than Div. II.

In other words, the best DII can go with the best DI. However, the 4th or 3rd place guy in DII is likely not nearly as good as DI. 5th and 6th in DII is a JOKE!!!! They really should only have 3 places in DII.

panfan,

u are right on the money. i can site many examples where this is true. out here in the west, the ranked cbhs kids lose to unranked D1 kids all the time. however, i think D2 would scrape by with a win if all the first place wrestlers went at it. what a match it would be.

[Edited by dragonwrestler on 2-12-03 10:52P]

Div. 1 is a lot harder than Div. 2 because there is more competition to wrestle so you have to be better. And just look at the rankings Bradley #1, Cleveland #2, than the private schools. But the only way to really know which is harder is to wrestle them all together.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Upperman White County both will be loaded. Dyersbirg and South Side will be a handful as well. Getting about that time in about 3 weeks we start watching summer scrimmages. Dyersburg loaded loaded loaded with talent. Most talent ever I have seen in their program. 
    • We, SP, blanked them 10-0 in sectional game during 21 season.
    • The amount of people pooing on UH is crazy. They're a noticably better team than last year when they made state and were competitive , AND they run ruled Eagleville a few weeks ago. Now I understand Eagleville was missing a few guys, but they still. They. Run. Ruled. Eagleville. 1st single A team to run rule Eagleville since when? Pre 2017??
    • If that Yellow Paint is all gone I'll flat bet it didn't wash off there. I bet that took some scrubbing to remove that if it is gone. Lacrosse is one of those northern sports all these misplaced Yankee's that are posion to the community brought in by  (Blount Partnership, ( The Devil) with them so somebody allowed them to paint their markings on the field that cost more than the twenty top people on payroll at Maryville make a year. All this to please the 1% Club and the 25 people that would come to see it. All in the name of WOKE!!!!!!
    • They will probably, struggle