Unaka Lagy Rangers

jugheadboy

Let's leave me out of this one. I have no comment on this matter As for the lander don't get on here associating me with them. I try to keep my post positive but am now trying to reframe from posting at all. Everytime someone gets on here and post something a few of you don't like it oh so and so got another name. Well honey your instints are dead wrong this time. If I got something to say about any Unaka athletics it will be tdog and tdog only. And by the way what is wrong with the girls program? You got one of the best programs in this area. Have you all not won 25 games? And as for the Lander and whoever you might check the high school. Some have been know to have as many as 6 and 7 names up there. My advice is to leave the assuming of someone's identity out of all post. Because this time you are dead wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always interested in hearing how our fans criticize their team's coach. I was reading some of this thread and it hit me that most of those who criticize have never done the job. Maybe they should walk a mile in a coach's moccasins as they say. I have coached boys and girls basketball for 10 years. Here are some requirements of a basketball coach in case anyone wants to give it a shot and replace the coach they are so quick to throw to the wolves.

1. Get paid around $750 after taxes for jr.high coach.

High school - $1500 -$1800. If you get paid at all.

2. Put the team before alot of other things in your life. This unfortunately starts with your family.

3. Subject yourself to public scrutiny every time that you leave the house. This is not counting game time.

4. Work your butt off teaching all day to try and meet state standards and then go to the gym for 3 - 4 hours for practice. Game nights you will probably get home after 11:00 if you are lucky.

5. Be the father figure or mother to some kids that may not have anyone else besides their coach to count on.

6. Spend your own money to take care of things that are not provided for in the team budget.

7. Make schedules for games and everything else.

8. Listen to everyone say how they would play someone else instead of who you play.

9. Be the team doctor.

10. Go scout other teams when you don't have a game.

11. Try to make things fun for the kids when you could fall over at any minute from the latest virus going through the school.

12. Develope tomorrows game plan and implement it into practice.

13. Develope the younger kids in practice.

14. Open the gym for extra shooting.

15. Go to summer camps.

16. Practice all summer.

17. Win.

18. Oh, I almost forgot you have to have your lesson plans ready and grade papers all night tonight also.

YOU ARE A TEACHER OF YOUNG MINDS TOO!

I left off a bunch of fun things like cleaning the gym floor and wrapping ankles. The list goes on and on.

Tincup my point exactly! Parents and other fans read these posts, and I'm sure they say they understand. But realistically they don't. They figure they spend just as much time running them to practices, games, camps, etc... so the trade off is even. And as you put it...it's not!!

This will probably be my last post on this thread. Because you knoow what they say, you can't win an argument or discussion with irrational people. You know I could almost understand this whole coach questioning thing, if the team was having a losing season! But it's getting to the point now where we could win the State and some people would STILL not be satisfied!!!

I'll let it die after this one. :)

Looks like Kenneth and Mike had the girls heads on straight last night. From what I SAW , You guys had the combinations working for you last night. The girls I have been referring to , played THEIR BEST GAME OF THE YEAR !(and if you THINK about it, you'll realize who it is and agree) I just hope she does it again tonight.

Still haven't figured out who I am , Have you.

I'll let you know in a very descreet way sometime, and you'll know I am not "bashing the coaches" just voicing an opinion.

Well, everyone knows who I am :D and I would just like to say Great game Lady Rangers ~ To our two seniors all the way down to our freshman ~ Way to beat eight at all times ~ I am very proud to be associated with the name Rangers :) ~ Good luck tonite, we have softball practice so if I am not there I am there in heart :) ~ Luv Ya, Patty*