Aaron Green

Guest catliquor

Aaron Green is a proven coach. His lifetime of basketball, MVP of the state tourney, Mr. Gatorade Basketball, Mr. Basketball nominee, 4 tough years gutting it out at UT, having a basketball in his playpen, in the gym from the time he could walk, an AAU coach for 4 years, taking his team to the national tourney 4 times, winning the state AAU tourney qualifies him as a coach BEFORE he ever got his first Cleveland pay check. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that TSSAA should make SURE that the refs have NO personal vendetta or alliances with a particular school. His boys got robbed and to show passions and emotions when cheating occurs is a natural human response. Aaron is a basketball warrior and should be applauded for wanting fair and square officiating.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron does a great job coaching and is an outstanding person. before I got into high school I went and watched him play in the state tourney. His drive to be the best he can be and his work ethic made him a great player. When he won MVP of the state tourney game and gave the trophey to his dad because his dad got him their was one of the best thing I have ever daw at the state tourney. I then made him my role model and wanted so bad to win the state for myself aswell as for my dad who was my coach. I got know him personally when he was playing at UT and he came down to Elizabethton to talk at my dads clinic. He works very hard at his job and I think that clevland will be in the state because of Aaron Green.

Whatever Aaron Green did as a player doesn't excuse his display of poor sportsmanship and lack of control. The head coach should conduct himself professionally and set an example for the young men who play for him. What Aaron did was teach his players that when things don't go your way its OK to just throw a fit and make excuses. I'm glad that Bradley's coach Kent Smith conducts himself with class and that he doesn't embarrass his players or school. My advice to Aaron Green is to watch Kent Smith and learn how to be a real coach. Go Bears!

Guest Eliminator

First of all, he said in his 25 years of being involved with basketball! Yes he was practically born in a gym, raised in a gym and has played enough years to know when officials determine the game instead of the players. To be quiet honest, he was playing ball shortly after the age of 3. To play at the level he played, he would have to.

Guest Eliminator

Aaron Green did not bust the coke machine as everybody who wasn't there seems to think. Some players busted it and the correct actions have been taken to pay for it. so find something else to blame on Aaron. :(

Guest Eliminator

Hey paintwatcher! If anyone knows how to handle winning or losing, it is Aaron Green. Don't talk about him not wanting the best for his kids. He was defending them because they played their hearts out and all he asked was that the game be determined by the players (Bradley or Cleveland) and not Stacey Rymer or Danny Chandler. Respectable Human Being??? Ask any of his players if they respect him. I have known Coach Green for a long time and he is not only respected by his players but also admired. He has a close relationship with those kids and they know that he simply loves and lives for the game of basketball. yes I know that he let his temper go but if all players and coaches put as much emotion, time, and effort in to his job the game of basketball would be so much more enjoyable. In conclusion, he is a respectable human being and he knows how to teach his kids!!!

Guest Eliminator

Hey kmacwsms, If you ask me people need to be just as emotional as he is. Aaron Green would never hit an official, yes I'm sure he would like to sometimes but if everybody wanted success for their players (not him) as much as he did, there would be a lot more coaches out there acting like he did. :(

Guest Eliminator

hey sly, If he took after Kent Smith he would be handpicking his officials for every game. Aaron Green doesn't get to pick his officials so why should Kent Smith. If Kent Smith believed in his players enough, he shouldn't care who officiated the game. For the past threee years that Aaron has coached, the same officials have refed the Bradley-Cleveland game @ Bradley. But at Cleveland, there have never been the same officials. Coincidence?? I don't think so!

Guest Eliminator

23smom, No I am not Aaron Green. I am just someone who gets informed before I stick my foot and my mouth. You show your ignorance by speaking about things in which you know nothing. Yes you were at the game but by your comments it does not apear that you understood what was going on. Get your facts or ask your husband before you talk. Maybe in a hour or so he can explain to you what is going on. Love, Eliminator

To bad Kent Smith doesn't hand pick officials. You need to stick your foot in your mouth before you say something you dont know eliminator. Sorry, but a Cleveland fan is wrong again, but maybe it wasn't your fault, it was someone else's fault. Cleveland never loses fair. I dont think they have lost a game in 3 years. They have always been cheated, and this time Cleveland is taking away all the heart bradley players put it to come back and win the game. Like ive said before, REAL CLASS ACT CLEVELAND!

Well, someone has brought something up about the coke mch. Question: if Coach Green did not kick the mch, then who did.

Answer: The players did then.

Question: Where did they learn that type of behavior.

Answer: Someone they respect?

[Edited by ut46 on 2-18-03 9:29P]