kyle james-shawn cordell

Rabbitt

they other thread i posted got shut down. im sure somebody was cussin me. kyle dominated him 6-1. the one point kyle cut him. everyone has gave me heck on here about shawn beating kyle through out the year, and i hav'nt said anything about it in the last month, becausue i was going to let kyle do my talking for me. i hear that the family of shawn and shawn himself have hard feelings toward me. you can read every post i have ever written on this and i have never one time said anything bad about shawn. i think shawn is an awsome wrestler. i wanted kyle to win, but i hated to see shawn lose. anyone who has been there knows the feeling of defeat and i know shawn works his butt off. all i ever said was that i thought kyle was better than shawn, in which i was right. i have always been good friends with the family and shawn. it felt so weird not being able to go up and talk to them at the state tourn. i am proud to say that i had the chance to work with shawn growing up. he is a fine young man and a well respected person. im sorry if there any hard feeling. i work with kyle every summer. i am very proud of his acomplishments. he works out nearly everyday of the year. congratulations to kyle on great year!!

does anyone agree kyle should have gotton best wrestler? he beat the 2X defending state champion 6-1.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought that Bosken deserved the outstanding wrestler award. I mean think about it, he was in one of the toughest weight classes in the tournament. He also beat a couple of state placers. All in all, he looked good from every position-defensive and offensive. Gibson had barley any competition.

You just made the case for Gibson getting the Best Wrestler Award didn't you?...I agree it appeared that Gibson didn't have any competition....THATS BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE STATE!

Now don't get me wrong, we have many great wrestlers in Tennessee and I love to watch tham all. But when one wrestler dominates a weight class like Gibson did...it is time to give credit where credit is due. Gibson is for real, so don't try to take that away from him, it only makes you look like you really don't know what you are talking about. ^_^

gibson is a great wrestler that pinned his way through the tourn., but he did get put on his back in the tourn. and taken down by another guy. he is capable of the OW, but the compatition just was'nt there in his weight. kyle and shawn were both defending state champs. the winner of that match should have gotton it. especially after kyle dominated the 2X defending state champ. i dont think there should have even been an argument there. i was very surprised at the OW award.

I thought James, Bosken, Coleman or Gibson all could have won it. It seems every year there is always more than one wrestler that is deserving of the OW just like last year when Yost won it. Yost was a good choice but Keller could have won it too. So congrats to Gibson he deserves the OW.

Gibson did deserve it along with a couple other icluding Boshken, and James. they all did an outstanding job. Gibson had plenty of compettion throughout the tourny. Boss his opponent inthe finals pinned or teched his way to get there. he is no slouch, and gibson rolled over him. Boshken had a tougher route to get to the finals than anybody, pinning furmon and defeating west by 5.

i say great job to all you guys.