Grundy County Football

greenacrers81

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be extrememly tough to beat. Absolutely nobody will run at T. Mainor at defensive end. He is a man playing with boys.

The Cook kid is as tough a running back that you will see at the 3A level. He will knock your socks off on defense as well.

The upcoming seniors have had three years with Coach Colquette and they are ready to roll. He has left the split back veer and is running the Georgia Southern offense now. Went to it out of neccessity last year because of injuries but has decided to stick with it and feature the Cook kid.

Only negative I see from this team is low numbers. Only about thirty out right now, including kids from the other sports.

Grundy will be good this year. Our quarterback is good and could be the difference this year. With some luck Grundy will fill in spots on the line and go undefeated in the regular season. I know its way to early to predict and I am biased but Grundy will be tough.

Few players but lots of HEART.

[Edited by DeeOne on 2-19-03 3:33P]

[Edited by DeeOne on 3-1-03 6:34P]

Split back veer consists of the two running backs lined up behind the guards. Georgia Southern's offense is a wing T offense with a quarterback, 1 back, and two wings. Also I would like to add it will be extremely tough for Grundy to go undefeated in the regular season next year. They have a trip to South Pittsburg that might be their toughest game. South Pitt will be very hard to beat for the next 4 or 5 years.

Colquette's crew will go as far as Justin Bryant will take them. If he stays healthy, they can win 8 easy with their cupcake schedule. If he gets injured, then it will be alot tougher. I am very interested to see the job Mr. Colquette can do after the 2003 season or will he consider retirement before he has to play that hand the following season.

Grundy will win state in 3-a this year. (or will be at big show)

! reason i think his staff is beginning to get a clue to what he is doing and it might just be that they are rolling by spring.Unlike last several years we kicked their but in spring, would'nt want any part of the by week 5.

The senior bunch he has now was best eighth grade bunch I had ever seen take the field. As a then jr high coach we beat them in svc championship but should'nt have. bad luck on their part.

Ken is the man to get the job done he is like F. Rosevelt, does'nt have time for the bs. not to mention he has several state championships under his belt.

If the kids at Grundy, will do workouts and show up for practice they may be eternally embodied in Grundy history as GODS!

work and win!

Dont get to far ahead of yourself it just February. We don't need anyone talking about a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP now.Sure they have a good chance but they desperatly need depth at the line. There are kids that should play but would rather drive in a circle around town and some would rather sit on the couch. They have no idea what they are missing but one day they will!!!!!!!!!!!!!