Waverly VS. Perry County

Guest Josh15tigers

Guest Josh15tigers

Just like I said earlier it was going to be a hard faught game and right down to the buzzer. Lets seee where should we start? Waverly lost by 1. Homecooking was in affect for no telling how many years straight in Perry Co. It was a great game I got my $4 worth and the 40 miles was alright but I didnt come to see these refs from Linden! The last play of the game was an unbelieveable shot by our great one Bubba Nichols! We all know it was a 2 but once again no call for a foul. As I looked at the scoreboard and saw that the fouls were 10-5 at the end of the game. But next yr it is going to be brutal, I will gurantee you that perry co. Over in Perry Co you practically have to blow them out to win due to refs. But I am done talking and voicing my opinion. I will leave the rest to C Webb!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly got screwed tonight down in perry county. To start off with waverly fouls in back court and they give them 2 points plus to free throws???? What the ... is that??? Then to top it off waverly is down three nichols comes down wiht no time left throws up a three to tie game and the ref calls a two. This is the most ridiclous call I have ever seen. The refs tonihgt were the biggest cowards i have ever seen in my life. Plus nichols got hammered to top it off. Nichols was unstoppabel tonihgt with by my count 37 points. Grey didn't do much at all. Any one at the game post how you felt on game!

The last shot was a three!!!! The refs had no clue they called a two and tucked tail an ran. Plus, Bubba is foul on the shot. Should have been three plus one to win the game. Nichols was tremendous with 37 points, took over in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Number of free throws was terribly one sided. Something in the neighbor of 20+ for Perry county and 5 or so for Waverly. I thought the refs in our area were bad. These guys were bad and then some. Great game Tigers, take it out on Houston County on Friday night!!!

Here is the recap of the final 5 seconds of a major scam job in Linden tonight. Perry County makes 2 free throws to go up 3 points. Bubba Nichols gets the ball in the backcourt and dribbles up court. First he has to avoid the Perry County coach who is 3 feet out on the court in his way. Then he pulls up at the top of the key with 3 guys hanging on him and lets go a 3 pointer as he is fouled. Yes, it was definitely a 3 pointer. Fan at the game had it on video and there was no doubt! The ball goes in at the buzzer for apparent tie. He was fouled, but wasn't called. The place goes nuts. The officials are clueless! They huddle at midcourt for 10 seconds and run off the court motioning it was a 2 pointer. All heck then breaks loose. The bad thing about the whole thing, on video not a single official was even looking at Bubba when he shot. They had no clue if it was a 3 or not. I guess they thought it was safer ruling in favor of the home team. The officials were definitely "homers" and knew who signed the paychecks.

Regardless, the game is history. The game itself was a classic as both teams provided an excellent game for fans to watch. Bubba Nichols put on one heck of a show. He finished with 37 points, scoring in a variety of ways. Well, not free throws as Waverly only shot 5 compared to Perry County 27 ft's. Best one man show I have seen in a long time from a high schooler in a pressure packed game.

I also have to give credit to Perry County as they played a heck of a game. They basically play no subs and their starting 5 are in great shape physically. I hate that the game ended the way it did and that the officials choked and were as gutless as they were, but it can't take away from 2 great teams playing in a classic. Very proud of the Tigers and Tiger fans tonight!

Guest fanofthegame22

This is the first time I have really been compelled to post a message on coacht. I have always heard about it and read some comments but never posted. I happened to be at the Perry Co/Waverly game. This was an awesome high school basketball game. Perry Co. played well and Bubba Nichols was unbelievable for Waverly. And it "was" a 3 at the end so whoever Josh is he needs to watch a tape of it if he can. He sounds like he is for Waverly so I dont know what he is thinking. Anyway, the referees choked bigtime at the end just like swamptiger said. The thing is, referees have no accountability. Sure they can slap fines on coaches and throw them out of the game and look like big shots, but no one above them ever holds them accountable. Now dont get me wrong, this is not the NBA or NFL, but and official that made a call like this in the professionals would not be back again. Refs will continue to get worse and worse because they can do anything they want and still get paid and nothing said to them. It is a shame that the game I saw tonight had to end with a ref wanting to make a big call that was not only the wrong call, but one that they had no idea about. Good guess guys!

this happens every year in pc. Its absolutely ridiculous the way some games are called there. I was part of the worst one ever. In 98 we were up 8 with a minute 20 to go. In that minute, two charges were called on us both resulting in free throws then we held on a inbound play where we tipped the throw then it hit the bottom of the backboard and we got it and put it in. The refs huddled and decided it hit the back of the board which was impossible seeing it came straight down. IT was with out a doubt the worst officiated minute 20 ever . the refs gave them the game and we could do nothing about it, which it sounds like happened last. Our game made david climers column on the front page of the tennesseean about how bad the refs could blow a game. Those refs I beleive were never allowed to ref a district 12a game again.