red boiling springs #3?hahaha

mrorange006

I will give Westmoreland their props they played a great game. RBS played terrible, they came out flat and stayed that way. I have seen both teams play more than 8 games this season, and RBS is more talented all around, but the facts are that when the ball isn't falling you are going to lose and the ball just didn't fall for RBS. Now for Cody what you said is completely false. RBS trailed Trousdale by 7 at the half, and came back to win. I will say this I would hate to play Westmoreland come tournament time. I have thought all along that they are a very dangerous team. They are a little inconsistent, but seem to be playing well at just the right time. They have a great coach, and he knows how to win. However I still believe RBS is the team to beat and this loss can do nothing but help them. Good Luck to both in District and Region Tournaments. How about RBS vs Westmoreland in the Region Championship game? Who does Westmoreland have in 1st round of Districts? I'm sure certain tie-breakers are required to determine who will play who, so when you find out please post.

Guest silvertree

Do the eagles from westmoreland feel more like a basketball team, now that they have beaten BIG rbs. Congrats to the eagles great game. However, our starting point guard(floor leader) didn't play tonight. If i may say, we have beaten you guys twice already this year. Just thought i would throw that out there. :)

When any team from 8A ends the 20 year plus long losing steak to 7A in the region finals (usually they get swept in round one!) then they can gloat...or after they win 20+ years in a row, then they can at least say 7A & 8A are even. Let's talk again in 2023 and if at that time 8A has won 20+ years in a row like 7A has, then we can talk about how great any team from 8A is. If I remember right, last year Westmoreland was going to do a number on Pickett Co. in the region and lost by at least 10 points. Congratulations to RBS on a great season and to Westmoreland on a HUGE upset!

Hey Cody, put on your reading glasses, there is all kinds of trash talking by you guys on this thread from, "RBS is #3? wierd since they got beat by 11 tonight by westmoreland" and "when they get down, they stay down" and "hope your trip home wasnt too long". Na that aint trash talking is it? Well it is pretty obvious that RBS didnt come to play and in my opinion, it was probably a good thing they lost, because now they can get back to playing ball the way they were playing a few weeks ago and then lets see if the mighty eagles want a bite out of RBS? I dont think so!!! Good Luck to all!!!!!

One more thing, i saw where someone from Westmoreland did this after Macon County girls beat Westmoreland girls, so i thought i would throw it out here and let you guys see it!!

RBS-2 Westmoreland-1

If you want to prove how good you are and how bad RBS is then let your basketball play on the floor do the talking. That is what we've done all season and that's what we plan on doing. Sure we've played bad in select games all year, but one game against a non-district opponent isn't going to bring us down. I believe that you guys are peaking at a great time and you have the potential to win that district, as a matter of fact the options are all open. It is very evenly matched in 8A. Good luck Bulldogs and WHS in your district and maybe we'll have Round 4 in Avery Trace in 2 weeks!