DISRTICT 10 AA TOURNY

WaverlyTigerFan37185

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions for the district tournament are Montgomery Central over Harpeth and Cheatham to upset Sycamore. Waverly over Montgomery Central in semifinals with Waverly defeating Cheatham County in the finals. Boys mvp should be Bubba Nichols of Waverly with Brian Vann runner up Shane Dansby would be up there, but it's hard to give an mvp award when a person's team has only won about 6 games. Coach of year in my opinion should be Mike Craig of Waverly with Johnny Jackson runner up. Craig doesn't get the recognition he deserves. In what most people thought would be a rebuilding year with the loss of 4 seniors (3 All District) all Waverly has done is win another District Championship. Scary thing for opponents is that Waverly will probably be even better next season!

Guest MHShoops

I'm with you 24griffey. This district stinks. If you want a real district tourney you need to come watch the 10A tourny. The favored here is McEwen,but, they won't come out ontop unless they can pull their act together.

I'm trying to figure out how this went from a prediction thread for 10AA to a bashing thread from other areas. As far as McEwen.....we all still think of you lovingly as the weird stepchildren of the county. Must be nice to finally have one decent player on your team for the first time in about 15 years. Guess you have to get all you can out of this since it may be another 25 yrs for your next.

MHSHOOPS WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY THIS DISTRICT stinks?

YOUR PROBLEM IS WITH WAVERLY AND YOU HAVE A REAL ATTITUDE PROBLEM. WAVERLY WOULD PLAY YOU IN A MINUTE IF ONLY YOUR COACH WOULD AGREE TO IT. IN THE SCRIMMAGE GAME I DO BELIEVE WAVERLY BEAT YOU. MAYBE THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM. BOTH WAVERLY AND MCEWEN HAVE GOOD TEAMS THIS YEAR WHY CAN'T YOU WISH EVERYONE BEST OF LUCK RATHER THAN TRY TO PUT SOMEONE DOWN. IT IS ATTITUDES LIKE YOURS THAT ALWAYS CAUSES PROBLEMS. IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO KNOW WHO WAS THE BEST BETWEEN WAVERLY AND MCEWEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR TEAM TO THE TEST AND HAVE BOTH TEAMS PLAY EACH OTHER.

I agree, Waverly has a young and talented team. But I still think McEwen would win if they played because they have a bigger team and they play a better quality of teams. The only reason McEwen and Waverly don't play each other is because of the bad blood the schools have had since they tried to merge. And I don't know what you mean by McEwen has only one good player, I have played them and they have two great guards in Cody Hall and Daniel Puckett.

I believe they are stronger in the post also. And by the way that scrimmage did not mean anything because in a SCRIMMAGE a team tries new plays and they do things they would not do in a regular season game, anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that. Well, I believe McEwen and Waverly are both going to win their district and I hope they both go to the state playoffs. And I watched McEwen's freshmen team play and they have some good young players that will mature and become good ball players in the next couple of years!!!

Just to set the record straight on this Waverly & McEwen stuff. They scrimmage every year and McEwen has never beaten Waverly. They do play against each other in freshmen basketball and Waverly has never lost to McEwen. They won both games this year by 25-30 points each. This isn't a knock on McEwen, but it's just the truth. McEwen's players and coaches would be the first to tell you they would have a very difficult time beating Waverly in a real game. However, this would have been the year to play as both schools have good teams and some outstanding talent. For Waverly fans, Daniel Puckett and Cody Hall for McEwen are the real deal. It isn't Waverly that is keeping this game from happening, McEwen doesn't want to play. Also, so people don't get the wrong idea, but the "real players" from each school have great respect for each other and wish the best for each team. Just the other night several of McEwen's players came to Waverly to play pick up with the Waverly players and do so quite often. Congrats to McEwen for winning it's first ever district championship and to Waverly for winning another district championship, although it's sort of a habit here. Let's hope both teams have long and successful runs in the tournament.

Everyone just stop it!!! Why dont you inbred screwballs from McEwen go start your own thread. At no point did anyone from Waverly ask you for your thoughtless opinion about how good/bad McEwen is. This thread was started for intelligent people to debate who would win the 10AA Tourney. So take your Herman Munster looking butts back to the shack you live in and shut up.