district 3-AAA

shaunman2006

Congrats to the Campbell County Cougars. This figures to be a wild week at Halls. Prediction:

Clinton - Champion (playing great basketball right now)

Oak Ridge - Runner-Up (could easily win)

Powell - Consolation winner (Should beat Clinton, or Central, but not playing well for the last week)

Karns - Consolation loser (always dangerous)

After thinking it over, i agree with u mocs, Powell has played great all year, but lately they've been in a slump, especially the guard play.....Clinton on the other hand is playing strong lately, especially Jerrell Beamon, so i change my predictions to this.....

Oak Ridge - 1st

Clinton - 2nd

Powell - 3rd

Karns - 4th

Clinton is the team to beat at this moment. Why? Let me explain. Survived a tough game last night. Powell and OR are reeling. Powell has lost their last 2 and not played in a week. OR got blasted at Bradley County and also has not played in a week. Neither of these teams will see the finals. With all of their players a healthy Clinton team will defeat Karns in the finals in a close one.

Girls Side: OR and everyone else battling for second. Week off doesn't matter when you are that much better than anyone else.

[Edited by belle on 2-26-03 8:24A]

I'm going to change my thoughts a little bit. I thought Clinton might struggle a little bit with Central, but not that much. My understanding is that Powell is having a phenomenal week of practice. Yes, I agree with belle that Powell is reeling a little bit. However, remember that Powell was in a very tight race to win the district and won an emotional game against Clinton to do it. Then, while still on that high, they beat Bearden pretty good a couple of days later. And Bearden was playing pretty well at the time. After that, it is only natural for a team to experience a bit of a letdown, especially against West and Farragut, which were two ultimately meaningless games. I look for Powell to come out smoking against Clinton Friday night and win a solid game. Especially after reading Clinton's head coaches quote in the paper about how Clinton can relax now that they are in the Region. Now is not the time for them to relax. Powell is a better club than Clinton since the Dragons lost Vibbert. Who wins an Oak Ridge/Powell Championship game is anybody's guess. I think that Powell is kind of getting shafted a little bit being the #1 seed and having to play late Thursday. Oak Ridge or Karns will get home at a decent hour and have more rest going into the Championship game.

What is that crap supposed to mean?!? My team actually reached the substate my last year. And we beat Clinton like a red-headed step child twice that year. By the way, you won't have to stay out late tomorrow night chs. The Dragons will be playing the consolation game against Karns at 6:00 p.m. Good luck.

belle, by the way, at the game tonight I talked to Steve Killian who worked the brackets for the tournament and he told me that the coaches recently agreed that it would stay this way. He said it is traditional for the #1 seed to play in the "prime time" game on the semis at 9:00. That's fair enough for me. I'm sure that Powell and Clinton will be tired in the morning though. What a game!!!