Cannon and York Friday nite!

Theanswer

Cannon just beat Livinston by 10. For some reason Gurley set out the entire 3rd qtr. with 3 fouls. You got to think he needed to be in there when the district championship is on the line. Cannon has been the underdog all year and they keep winning. Hopefully, that luck will run out friday nite. Good luck to both teams.

[Edited by Theanswer on 2-25-03 9:07P]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LUCK!!!!! TRY TEAMWORK. AND ABOUT GURLEY, THAT WAS A SMART MOVE. WOULD YOU WON'T YOUR MVP PLAYING WITH 3 FOULS KNOWING THAT HE CAN'T PLAY THAT HARD OF DEFENSE BECAUSE HE COULD FOUL VERY SOON. IF WOULD HAVE STAYED IN CANNON WOULD HAVE ATTACKED HIM OR THEY WOULD JUST BE ABLE TO SCORE VERY EASY. SMART MOVE BY THE COACH. HE IS TOO GOOD OF A PLAYER TO FOUL OUT IN THE 3RD.

Guest Valarie

My MVP player has 3 fouls in the 3rd quarter. Hmmmm. Let's think about this one a minute. What is the best strategy to choose? Do I let my star player sit out the entire 3rd quarter and possibly let him get cold? Or do I take my chances and keep him in the game - reasoning that the points he can score for my team outweigh the potential fouling out of the game? Fouling out of the game or sitting on the bench -either way he's not in the game making a contribution. As the opposing team coach I'm going to tell my players to get Gurley in situations to draw fouls no matter what the quarter is. Tough decision but I probably would opt to keep Gurley in.

TEAMWORK IS HOW WE BEAT LIVINGSTON TEAMWORK TEAMWORK OH SHUT UP.IF GURLEY PLAYS THE THIRD QUARTER THEN GAME OVER.BOTTOM LINE.TEAMOWRK TEAMWORK LOL GETTEM YORK AND BAXTER AND LIVINGSTON.AND IF YOU SAY THAT YALL DONT PLAY DIRTY THEN JUST ASK MEMBERS OF OTHER TEAMS FROM THIS YEAR AND ESPECIALLY YEARS PAST WHEN MULLINS WAS THERE POINT GAURD.

Mullens is NOT on the team this year so stop judging the rest of the team for years past. Teamwork beat Gurley or he wouldn't have been on the bench in foul trouble. Excuses is all you got. If we have to loose at least its to York (they do have class among their players) but the game hasn't been played yet. Never underestimate the power of a LION!!!!!!! (or it crowd)

Guest WildcatHoops

Gurley can play smart defense when he wanted to but with 3 fouls early on let the kid sit awhile, He usually plays the whole time anyway so he can use a break here and there....Things just didnt go LA's way the other night I talked to some of the players and they said they played like crap...So they were playing Cannon Co. basketball instead of LA basketball giving Cannon Co. the win so baller you need to stop whining like everyone said I will give to you all from what I have heard you all played good teammwork but everyone needs to realiuze there is more to LA than just the district MVP Jamie Gurley

FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY THAT CANNON COUNTY FANS HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH CLASS AS A ROOM FULL OF TERROISTS. I CAN REMEMBER PLAYING THERE IN YEARS PAST AND GETTING SPIT ON AND HAVING CANS AND FOOD THREW AT US. IT SHOWED AGAIN LAST NIGHT WHEN SOME KNOT HEAD KEPT YELLING AT GURLEY AND SOME OF THE OTHER PLAYERS IF HE WANTED A BEER OR NOT IN REFERENCE TO THEIR SUSPENSION. FIRST OF ALL THEY WERENT DRINKING BEER AND SECOND OF ALL...LET IT GO THEY SERVED THEIR PUNISHMENT.