Greenbrier Bobcats

OLEGUY

Guest CoachLEH

The Bobcats can definitely shoot the 3 ball. They are an improving team that just needs a little more inside presence to round out. #30 is very good, a little cocky, but very good. He let's it get in the way sometimes.

I think they will make their presence felt in the district next year.

Greenbrier started 4 Sophomores and a Senior this year. Most of the time there were 5 Sophomores on the floor. They also have some talented Freshman coming up. Greenbrier has never had any big post players....and it looks like they never will......it must be in the water. This is a great group of young men, who have good attitudes and good work ethics. Hopefully they will continue to work hard and be competitive the next few years.

That is the first time I have heard anybody say #30 is cocky.....competitive...ABSOLUTLY.....cocky...ABSOLUTLY NOT. Roger (a Sophomore) is a very good athlete in both football and basketball....but is also one of the most humble kids I have ever been around. He has a very bright future in front of him.

Good luck to the future Bobcats......I hope things will turn around soon......because you deserve it. :)

I have to agree with CoachH. I don't see Roger as cocky in the least. Very competitive, hates to lose, and gets especially fired up when he has to deal with constant trash talking and holding from whoever is guarding him (#12). Which he had to especially deal with against HF. These kids watch too much NBA ball and think that they're supposed to trash talk and have a streetball mentality.

I don't think there's a single player on Greenbrier that I would characterize as cocky.

[Edited by NoDoubt on 2-28-03 8:41A]

Guest CoachLEH

I stand corrected, it is interesting the different view we get from opposite sides of the court. From my view, I saw several gestures and actions on the floor that had nothing to do with the game. They seemed like trash talk and bravado to me. But, a player has the right to defend himself on the court. There's usually more going on than meets the eye in every occasion.

I wish #30 and Greenbrier much success in the future. By the way, #12 is a very competitive player on the court as well. I suspect they both contributed.

Guest lilal523

First off we were in zone. Second off I (#12) was not guarding him. I may trash talk a little but i play as hard as i can. And i dont try to intentionally injure anyone as seen in #30 ROOOOGGGGEEEERRR! On box outs he tries to hurt people. But have no time to chat. PREPARING FOR DISTRICT SEMIFINALS GAME. Hope to see you there next year.

YOU-> :o