Beech's Defensive Coordinator leaves for GA

chevelle

Coach Hardison is the Defensive Coordinator at Beech. He had been the freshman head coach there for several years. Calvin is a good coach and has been looking to move up the coaching ladder. He is hoping to make the move to georgia so he can be closer to his former mentor. The Beech faithful wish Coach Hardison well in his new Job. :) :confused: :):):D

Roger is hard to beat on Friday night? I graduated in 99. Beech was are cross town rival. My junior and senior year we scored 45 points are higher. Beech did not score over 10 point in either contest. Not bragging are anything. He is a good coach. He has been successful at Georgia, mainly due to the fact that know one has seen the Wing-T in so long. Now everyone is going to it.

West Laurens High School. It is in the same county. I don't know if he has applied, but that is the only school looking for a head coach now in the county. East Laurens just filled their head job vacancy a few weeks ago.

The wing-t has become very popular in Georgia over the past 10 years. He was successful b/c he has some of the best athletes in the area. He did a good job of molding that talent to fit his system, but that is what all good coaches do.

[Edited by mcgaman on 2-28-03 1:08P]

To set the record straight, the DC at Beech High School is not leaving for GA. How do I know, because I am he. I am perfectly happy at BHS, working with Coach Aric. We have a good group of hard working young men to try and make into a competitive football team. While the attraction of the larger salary is nice in GA, nothing beats being at home and a BUC. I would like to pursue a head coaching job, if and when the time is right, however that is not in my plans at this time. I did enjoy my years working with Coach Holmes here at Beech and am very proud to call him a friend. His accomplishments this year in Dublin prove that he is what I have always known, a great coach. Coach Aric's accomplishments here at Beech this year also prove what I have known, he is a great coach as well. I hope this puts this thread to rest.