Centennial best team in the state?

Austin03

All of you Centennial players are just clinging onto Austin. I would too, if he was the best player in our district, on my team, and one of the best in the state. But don't go around saying your good just because Austin is carrying your team. As for BigRed03, MBA has good pitching; but cmon, Pettus is the most overrated player in the mid-state this year. He is a solid pitcher (probably a 4 or 5 in Father Ryan's rotation), but he's not that good.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who exactly is your rotation gary...

all i've heard is, your team got ripped to shreds in tullahoma, and no pitcher is coming through for you. i'll take our rotation over yours any day.

1.scott pettus (1-0) 1Er in 14 innings, 15k's

2. Hunter Hawkins - (2-0) beat a great florida team

3. brad French - (0-0) - can't get any run support

4. Brian Harris - (1-1) - him and vinnett are best sophs in

the state

Closer - Wylie Jones - (0-2) - has had two tough games, but

will make a fool out of

anyone.

Just like your boy French, Father Ryan's staff can't get any run support. Pettus is still overrated despite what the stats say. As for the comment about riding Pettus' back to state.... well that is just laughable. Having Princeton signee Andrew Wilson behind the plate and Navy prep school signee Jack Turner didn't help at all did it? I guess Vandy Signee Warner Jones is awful too and couldn't hit the ball to save his life? That's what I thought.

[Edited by GaryKnows on 3-24-03 9:11P]

gary, u must really think u know a lot about mba baseball... actually, i don't think u know squat about it. pettus is not overrated at all! he's one of the most dominating pitchers in the state. so y don't u stop talkin trash about a team that u don't even know about. and yes the mba father ryan game will be an incredible game this year (everyone needs to come to it).

[Edited by bigblah on 3-24-03 9:24P]

gary you're just ignorant...andrew wilson went to princeton on a football scholarship, and warner jones got a grand total of 4 hits during region play. the substate score against cbhs wasn't 4-1 because of his great hitting.

Fisher, Pettus, Franch, and big man Santi, are gunna do to you in baseball what we did to you in football. you better ride the sticks of petsche and lynch for the rest of the year, cause if you don't, it's gunna be a long season for the irish.

[Edited by BigRed3 on 3-24-03 9:40P]

The only thing Gary knows is his name. Centennial baseball has a very good program this year. Your just lucky that we dont play you in the regular season. Austin does have a big role in the team but doesnt carry the whole team. We have a very strong team and have only lost to a very good MBA team. So why dont you talk about someone that you know something about and that certainly isnt Centennial baseball.

I rest my case; I'm already inside of all your heads. What happened in basketball with MBA/Father Ryan??? I remember Brent Carney and co. dominating. I think the results of the basketball games this year will be the result of the baseball games.... sheer domination by the Irish. And I know more about MBA's athletic program than you any of you guys put together. I own all of you.

how much do u really know? just tell me a few things about the mba program that we might not know. did u have any relatives go there? by the way, basketball is basketball. it has nothing to do with baseball. MBA's team struggled this year. how can u say that that carney kid dominated? that's the most worthless comment ever. we could come right back and say that the baseball game will end like the football game (41-7). u don't know that much about common sense now do ya gary? and ur not in our heads, we're actually in your's. we're just getting a good laugh at your responses. but as i have already said, the game will be a great game.

The MBA, Father Ryan Game should be a pretty good game this year. I just don't see Father Ryan having enough fire power to stay with MBA. If Pettus pitches that will even be more of an advantage for them. Father Ryan has three great players but the rest just don't impress me. Maybe if Petsch, Nichting, and lynch all have the games of their lives they might stay close other wise it's over. Hey I am not carrying the team either everyone is doing their job and thats how we are winning right now.