CLINTON VS MARYVILLE

player69

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Preston Hawkins and I played at Powell from 92-94, then at UTC from 95-99, that's where the "mocs" name comes from. I catch almost all of Powell's games and sometimes I ride the bus with the coaches. I started law school at UT when this group of Seniors started high school. Because of being a student, I was able to work against these kids in practice and numerous pickup games. It was good for me because it keeps me in shape and it is good for them because they aren't going to run up against many guys that are better shooters or ball handlers than I am in high school. That isn't meant to sound cocky. Obviously, somebody that plays college ball for four years should be better than most high schoolers, although I kind of doubt whether I could hold Humphrey or Beaman anymore. I love this particular group of kids because they've listened and they have a desire to be good ball players and good men. It will be extemely sad for me when this season ends. I'm hoping that that won't be this week. I've enjoyed being their "big brother."

[Edited by mocs30 on 3-3-03 10:13A]

He said that the Region bracket would be fixed today. He also said that he would only match-up teams with winning percentages of 60% or better. Clinton with the schedule and personnel changes don't have a sterling record. But they are now full speed and I think that they have a legitimate shot at beating Maryville.

Anyway, GovMan, I don't think D-IV plays D like the Dragons.

See ya tomorrow...

I'm not sure how much you've seen William Blount, Maryville, and Bearden play, but if Clinton's D is much better than any of those three ... the Dragons should be in good shape.

GovMan

i think clinton will be ready, with the leadership of jerrell beamon, he'll get them ready. i dont know about the other players.....dandrus whitt, he's a big part of the team, hitting clutch shots, but being a freshman, i dont know how he'll react with the pressure. tevah.....had a terrible game against powell, probably be the same way against maryville. on the other hand, maryville's coming off a heart-breaking loss against william blount, a game i know maryville wanted to win, since WB knocked them out of the region last year, but maryville will be ready for revenge tomorrow night, i look for maryville to win by at least 12.....i dont see anyone stopping Lee, jerrell can stop his driving game, but he's too short to challenge any shots, Lee will pop shots over the top of Beamon all night.

Guest YoMomma03

Yall keep talkin about the dragons but they will surprise you tommorow night i promise you that. Wow they got lee humprhey whoopty doo, one man cant beat a whole team.

u be surprised what this man can do

maryville by 15 easily. if maryville goes 2-3 zone, beamon wont be able to drive and with 6'4 Gaskin and 6'2 Humphrey out on top, also will be hard to shoot over. maryville has more weapons, but will the coach even use them? i only see clinton having a chance if tevah pulls a "golden" down low

[Edited by Hoops4ever on 3-3-03 6:53P]