Scrimmage Weekend @ Rhea County

Picasso

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eagles8522

First of all, like you said, it was a scrimmage, a preseason game. You cant tell a thing from these games. People go in and out. Walker Valley's coach knows the real reason to preseason. In games, he puts people in and takes people out. He uses all his pitchers. Uses almost all of the bench to see what he has for the real season. No other coach i know does that. So if he does this and still wins or gives people good games in preseason and scrimmages, then he must have a pretty good team. Think about it. What if he would have left his starting nine in their the whole game like the other teams did. It would have been a whole different game. So dont tell WV how good thery are until you play us in a real game. Then you will know>

Eagles, you are misinformed...ignorant is the word I'm looking for. I was reading your other posts in the other threads. You think Walker Valley is the only team to play their bench in scrimmages? I know for a fact Ooltewah did. They had everyone mixed up the whole weekend. As you said, that's the purpose for pre-season - to see what you have and get some repetitions in before it really counts. I'm not saying Walker Valley's not any good, but be a little more informed next time. I'm not making any excuses for Ooltewah either. I'm just saying the purpose of pre-season is not to win - it's to get better and get ready for the season.

Take Major League Baseball for example. IT never fails that the Atlanta Braves have one of the worst Spring Training records by the time it's over. However, when the seasons starts, they mean business and everyone's ready to play.

If I am wrong, someone besides Eagles please let me know. He obviously has no clue.