Corey Brewer

oldschool74

I have read a lot of negative comments on her about Corey. I believe that most of them have come from Lipscomb supporters and players. In my opinion they are completely unfounded and just simply not true. He is definitely not a selfish player that some of you make him out to be. Anybody who has watched Portland enough and has any basketball IQ would see that Corey does everything he can to bet John the ball. Just look at his turnovers in the Lipscomb game the other night most of them came trying to get John the ball. to the person that said Corey has no class You are an absolute moron. You know nothing about this kid but you pass judgement. Corey is a very classy and great funloving kid to be around. With all of the attention and recognition Corey has recieved this year he has virtually no ego and cares only about winning. Oh BTW, there wasn't anyone happier for John when he won the district MVP. So those of you that want to judge and criticize may want to examine your reasoning behind it. Is it to just state your opinion I doubt I sense a hint of jealously. Just my opinion.

Yo Oldschool, I totally agree with all of your comments. I to am a Lipscomb supporter but I think the world of Corey. I am very sorry that there does seem to be alot of negative comments from Lipscomb players and fans. I guess they are very quick to judge someone that they don't know. I know Corey and he is by far unselfish. When one has talent all eyes are on you. Corey is a class act you and I know that. I look foward to another Mustang and Panther meeting in the 2nd round.

I have seen this kid play against three or four different opponents the last two years. Some things he does are very impressive and some things are quite a bit less than that.

Positives: Very athletic, good footwork, good quick leaper, hustles, rebounds well, a 6'7" junior.

Negatives: Poor shooter outside 15' or so. Not very good at ball handling. Both of these areas should improve with maturity.

He has had some wrap for attitude in the past. He is fairly gung ho and exciteable. However, most kids get excited when they do something awesome. Don't hold that against the kid.

Hey, bigAsports, who are you? Are you Pete?

No I am not Pete. I am from Nville and coached at DLHS. And have been around that program and the college program for awhile now. I know the Portland staff rather well, I played college ball with one of the assistants over there. I actually took Ferguson and Brewer to an SEC college prospect camp this summer. They both are good guys.

Who are you titanman? We just might know eachother.