Congratulations Maryville Rebels

REBELRON

Me,rebeljohn76 and my uncle was at Central tonight as Maryville beats Bearden 78-58. Maryville played great tonight. Defense was awesome. Lee Humphrey broke Bearden's press a lot tonight. Maryville's players had great spacing on breaking the press. Maryville passed the ball well tonight. Andy Tipton is on fire. His 3 point shooting was great in the regional tournament. Lee was awesome tonight. Drew Houser,Jacob Stout,Carl Epellito,Brandon Burchfield,Aaron Fowler and Tyler Gaskin came up huge.All the players stepped up bigtime. I am proud of those Rebels. I am proud for Rodney Nelson. He does a good job coaching the basketball team.He doesn't always get the credit he deserves because of the success of the football team.The Maryville student section was great tonight. It is great to see the Football players and the coaches support this team. I saw Coach Quarles tonight and spoke to him.

Tyler Gaskin is a money player. He was MVP in the regional tourney. That will go well with his MVP trophy from the Blue Cross Bowl this past December. He is money in the bank in Basketball and Football.

Great win tonight Rebels. I will be at MHS monday night to cheer on those Rebels.Beat Greeneville monday and MHS will be at the Boro. GO REBS! Lets get a GOLD BASKETBALL this year to go with the seven GOLD FOOTBALLS MHS already has. There is room in the trophy case for it.

RebelRon, you said it buddy, that game was AWESOME, everyone that missed it must feel terrible! Everything clicked for Maryville tonight, they were running on all cylinders. I think playing at home will be HUGE, for the students to get fired up and for the team to have a mental edge! I'll be there and I'll be hollerin' my fool head off. Congrats to our starting 5, all of them made the All Region Tournament Team, Gaskin was MVP. Drew Houser played probably a career game today with 16 points, a dunk, and a two handed block on Matt Cox, a block that brought Cox to the ground. It had to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen! The game was, for us, a great one, a huge confidence builder going into the Sub-State game...good luck Rebels!

way to go maryville great job tonight in your game. I didnt see lee do as much as i thougth he would be able to the fast few night but there where a few plays where i could tell if he wanted to he could take over that game at any moment. Also wanna say great job to tyler gaskin for getting region tournment mvp. I went to the game tonight me and beamen from clinton sat together i cant believe he didnt make the all tournament team well peACE

MARYVILLEWHO and MARYVILLEREBS,

I'm not surprised at all that Beamon didn't make the all tourney team; this is the lack of recognition I've talked about on some of my other posts. There is no doubt to anyone that saw him play that he is one of the top 2 players in that region. The selection committee was consistent in that they didn't place anyone on the team that didn't make the tourney semifinals; I assure you that doesn't do justice to Jerel.

This kind of voting also occurred in the all District 3 voting; Drew Ogan from Powell was voted MVP - take nothing away from him, he is a very good player from the regular season champion, but Beamon is better. Politics follow us everywhere.

CONGRATULATIONS to Maryville - you have a very fine team that deserved to win the region. Your versatility is hard to overcome. Good Luck against Greeneville.

yEAH I DONT KNOW WHO ALL THE PLAYERS WHERE BUT FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD YOU SHOULD TAKE 3 FROM THE WINNING TEAM AND 2 FROM THE RUNNER UP THEN TAKE THREE PLAYERS THAT ARE GOOD FROM ALL THE OTHERS WTICH I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BEAMON, GULMIRE, AND SOMEONE ELESE NOT REALLY SURE THOUGH, GULMIRE AND GASKIN WILL BOTH BE THE TOP PLAYERS IN EAST TN NEXT YEAR I THINK......... YOU ALL FROM MARYVILLE NOW I LOVE YOU GUYS I JUST HAVE TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOME CRAP LOL YOU ALL ARE GOOD AND YOU ALL KNOW IT

SORRY I NEED TO TAKE SPELLING CLASS AGAIN

Hey Rebel fans!! I am hoping someone with a Maryville perspective will go to the KINGSPORT DB INDIANS string and post a message on the Bearden Bulldogs.

We do not know much about them. Final 4 last season, started fast this season, then faded at the end of reg. season. Hotshot Cruze quit just before the District started. Finished 4th in District and Runner Up in Region Tournaments.

That's it. So any info on players, style of offense and defense, coaching.....etc. will be very helpful.

Thanks and good luck in the Sub State

7 out