Don't be scared

Guest candi

What does she run? What grade is she in? Has she ever ran in any major meets? If she is sprinter she will more than likely find out about fast When she meets Daveda Deane and Stephanie Woodfin. That is fast , real fast. The coach at MTSU will offer both of these girls. He will probably have to get in line.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to the TSSAA.org website and it will tell you. A-AA girls. 100 and 200. You might also check out the same two events for the Jr. Olympics, or The Vol Track Classic. They both have done really well in all the major events. Each have been in the low 11's Stephanie ran a 11:25 in the Vol Track Classic as a Sophmore last year. Daveda has had several similar times as well. The difference is it is all legit times using electronic times. This Rives girl sounds impresive. Is she running any AAU or Major meets. Both Daveda and Stephanie have a great chance of competing at state again.

[Edited by 4AFAN on 4-2-03 8:38A]

Guest kenwoodrun

I don't think you are talking junk, but I think the sprint times at the Rossview meet were way off. I have no idea who was timing at Rossview last week, but when they announced Chris Pearson running 9.96, which would have put him on the medal stand in the Olympics, I knew the timers were officially on crack. NE's coaches said it was more like a 10.5 handtime. So the 12.0 on Rives is probably a little fast, too...That said, I did watch her run last week and I do think that she is the fastest girl in Clarksvile without any doubt. She's a great talent and she may get to state depending on how fast the Nashville sprinters are this year in the region. Don't worry about respect, Rossview is only in their 2nd year and they've improved a whole lot in just one year. People will start to respect you very soon, you've got some good folks over there, including Orr, Clark and that bunch. Shout out to Ms. Stephanie Burkhart, one of the nicest people in the world.