D2 State Predictions

WesVLT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest proballer72

i'm sure about your predictions, but i don't know why you put up state championships from the 80s. i mean, ya'll were playing 1A. I know i wouldn't brag about beating a team with 30 players for a state title. ba is bush league and in light of their recent short comings in the big games for the past few years(i.e. the past three football state title games), i would have to say their destined to lose. i guess it's just payback for years of illegal recruiting and ruining high school football in the state of tennessee.

Posted by proballer72:

i'm sure about your predictions, but i don't know why you put up state championships from the 80s. i mean, ya'll were playing 1A. I know i wouldn't brag about beating a team with 30 players for a state title. ba is bush league and in light of their recent short comings in the big games for the past few years(i.e. the past three football state title games), i would have to say their destined to lose. i guess it's just payback for years of illegal recruiting and ruining high school football in the state of tennessee.

What excellent, fact based points you make. Perhaps you should approach Senator Frist regarding your qualifications to be the next Supreme Court nominee.

Seriously, call the TSSAA with your allegations of recruiting, and take your silly statements to the Public/Private Debate board on this site. Many people there would like to understand how football has been "ruined" in this state.

[Edited by itzme on 3-17-03 1:28P]

Posted by dalewood:

wesvols wesvols. how can you say that ba will beat nd in the finals. they don't even have a chance to beat nd if they get by mcallie. remember they lost to nd in the regular season.

dalewood, I respect your opinion, but hope to see it proven wrong. Yes, Brentwood Academy lost to Notre Dame in the regular season, you are correct; however, Notre Dame lost to Father Ryan, Knox Catholic, and Baylor (twice), none of whom are in the State Tournament. My point? You can't base current predictions too heavily upon past results, especially in basketball.

I don't doubt Notre Dame's ability, nor do I deny the fact that they might beat Brentwood Academy should they meet in the Finals; however, it would be a MAJOR mistake to assume that Notre Dame will roll, thus ignoring the Eagles' chances of winning state.

Last time I checked, their odds are 1 in 4. :rolleyes:

Posted by dalewood:

you are right. but those are real good teams. you win some you lose some. but remember who is still in the run for the state championship. while FR,baylor, and mcallie sits at home. nd will be playing.

Well, basically, it boils down to this: nobody in Division 2 this season has proven themselves to be unbeatable. Thus, it is impossible to forecast with any significant degree of security who will win State. It could be any one of these teams. THAT was my point in my previous post.

Best of luck to Notre Dame, and to McCallie, Lausanne, and BA.