8AAA and ERA

mynameis

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life would be so much simpler if I could just pass up the opportunity to spout off, but what fun would that be?

So, to at least partially offset the Coffee County smoke screen coming from my friends ERA and rukidinme, I just have to step in:

1) Coffee County. Catalano is a wizard when she's right, and there is the potential for a great hitting and great fielding team there. Don't make the mistake so many have made before. Their early season performance usually has little to do with what they do at tournament time. Toombs, Bush, Turner and Catalano can hit on anybody's team, and the defense is solid.

2) Shelbyville's Jensen and Curlee are the best battery in the district. Need I say more?

3) Tullahoma. Still young with only two seniors. Still trying to find a dry spot of ground to practice on. Senior pitcher Kaycee Barnes is off to a very good start, and several of the girls can swing it a bit. Have to hope the defense holds up. Could have great pitching depth by the end of the season.

4) Lincoln County will hit it. I don't have any idea who they have, but whoever it is, they will hit it. It's a rule.

5) Columbia, and I probably have them ranked too low, but it's only because I don't have a clue who replaces Childress on the mound. All I know is, Roger White never fields a weak team, so they could displace any of the above teams by season's end.

6) Franklin County. I like Molly Judge and Camille Cunningham on the mound and know very little about the rest of the team. They struggled at Hendersonville, but you can struggle against the competition there and still be pretty good.

7) Lawrence County because I know absolutely nothing about them except they've struggled some in the past.

Thanks ERA for your brief reply. Thanks Mikemcgee for your honest response. Hope I did not hurt ERAs feelings about being brief. ERA I would like to know your theory and approach to hitting and pitching, now you can write your novel.

I have been a fan of Coffee County for years; I don't think they have the fire or talent of teams past. The best team Coffee County had was when Danielle Catalano was a senior and they could not go to the state.

1. Shelbyville

2. Tullahoma

3. Coffee County

4. Columbia

5. Lincoln County

6. Franklin County

7. Lawrence County

Most of the seniors on this years Coffee Co. team played pivital parts on that team with Danielle Catalano, and now instead of Danielle, they have Falon Catalano. And new talent comes up every year just like all great programs, so the talent is there for this team to be successful. The two players who probably had the best weekend last weekend at the Hendersonville tourney were Shayna Fleenor and Hollyn Anderson. Shayna I think had the highest batting avg. and Hollyn also came through with big RBI's and great plays on third base. This team is good and they will go as far as they want to. But thats the thing, they have to want it.

1. Coffee County

2. Shelbyville

3. Columbia

4. Tullahoma

5. Lincoln Co.

6. Franklin Co.

7. Lawrence Co.