NHSCA

coachmasters

Email me and I can email you an entry form to Tennessee's National qualifier at Kenwood High School on Saturday, May 10, 2003. This tournament is for 1st grade through open division. The open division is for anyone, and that means ANYONE that is out of high school.

johnny.masters@cmcss.net

[Edited by KKW on 4-2-03 7:36A]

• 3 weeks later...

This is my understanding. If someone closer to the source has information to the contrary, please post it.

According to the entry forms, if you are a senior during the 2002-2003 school year, you will compete in the High School division. I would assume that you have an option to instead 'wrestle-up' in the Open division just for the challenge if you so choose.

http://www.nhsca.com/events/wrestling/open/index.htm

Also, I would recommend that you wrestle in a qualifier, or all of them, for the tune-up and experience before you go. You do not have to, however, IF you are a senior and you were a State Finalist at some point during your career (not necessarily your senior year). As long as you were a State Finalist at least once during your high school career, you are eligible to wrestle in the tournament without going through a qualifier. This may help if the qualifier somehow presents a timing conflict with your personal schedule.

Hope this helps.