TSSAA

GT

Way to go Fat Cats.Why would you jack the price to the State to $10.00.Have you forgotten that this is a family affair.I bet Ronnie Carter did not pay $10.00 to get in tonight.We are already getting taken by the high food prices on the inside.The next thing you know the TSSAA officals will be robbing and pistol whipping people in the parking lot.You people have gotten to big and have lost all touch and need to be taken down a couple of notches

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not missed a State game since 1989 and I do not remember paying $10.00 ever.Even if you are correct it is still to much to charge.I am going to find some old stubs to see what has been charged in the past.What do others remember? What do others think?

I know it was not 10 bucks ever before, you have to understand that is something I would remember.There was also others that were also talking about the price tonight.TSSAA is not always right just ask the Judge that heard the Brentwood case.Way to go Brentwood.

I suggested a few weeks ago that ticket prices to TSSAA event have gotten out of hand. Football is one thing, only once a week. But basketball, with boys and girls and playing on several nights, eats up money quick. The game is about the kids. The MOST a student should have to pay is $2.00, and it should be $1.00. Why? because the kids are the reason the games are being played to begin with!!!

Fellas,

I'm with y'all on that parking. That's a load of crap to have to pay that. But, there is lots of free parking around MTSU. You just have to look for it. And also, I never pay for consessions. I just load up before the sessions, and bring a backpack in. They are a total ripoff. :)

[Edited by ccalum on 3-15-03 10:38P]

Loads of sugestions for TSSAA. Probably doesn't matter, whizzing in the wind, here goes:

1. Definitely lower student prices, across the board. the show at state alone proves there needs to be incentive to bring the kids and fans to the gym. One, two and three games a week is expensive, even for the deepest pockets.

2. Instead of TSSAA dictating how many passes are given to each team, no exception, ask how many are needed. Team sports require support. Alot of volunteer effort and faculty bust it all year for the teams and then are told sorry, not important enough for a pass to the big game. I'm not nieve enough to think the sky can't be the limit here, talk to the schools. Deal with the cases. Some may not have needed their allottment while others may have needed just one or two more to take care of staff. You are dealing with college graduates, teachers and coaches I'm sure a mediator won't be needed.

3. $5.00 for parking! I had to pay second day in the same funeral home lot. Free Weds, $5.00 Friday. Me and others questioned the 'supposed' attendants. Reply, "I think it's going to TSSAA?" At least pay someone to stand out there so they can answer with confidence and take the cussing. You're all profit on the $5.00. Please, with today's gas prices it cost $20.00 in gas to come just a few miles.

4. I think, all TSSAA heads need weekly payroll deductions egual to the amount the average basketball family puts out in their weekly budget so they can have empathy for the crunch. Average: Family of three, 2 games a week; Admission-$25, gas-$40, (single A, all games at least an hour away) Food and or game support items & donations-$30 Low guesses, still about $100 a week, $400 a month,+/- . Tournament time? double, triple and quad the number.

Most especially if your team makes it to state.

Watching your child play? Priceless to the parent, Profitable to TSSAA.

5.Wanna really fill my Easter basket? Give each player two passes for family members who are hurting come tournament time. My thoughts? A mere two cents worth. Thanks!