Trivia Question

Hamm

What multiple time Tennessee State Champion has been left off of the list of multiple state champions in the TN State Championship Program. (The program that has the tournament brackets in them)

Also, whomever has the answer, a bonus is why was he left off. (I honestly don't know why but I do have a good guess)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are on top of it Karelin. The way I read Hamm's question, Hill could be the guy. Hamm qualified "multiple state championships" (not state specific), but not listed in the program at the TSSAA state tournament. The fact that Hill won three of them in Georgia would be a reason not to list them in the TSSAA publication, but he did win the championships just the same.

Guest cole703

The TSSAA should list Kenny Hill as a 4X State Champion and note that he won the GA championship 3X. PA and Maryland does this with Bob Truby who won 2 state titles in Maryland before transfering to PA where he also won 2 champinships. Truby wrestled in college at Penn State but what ever happened to Kenny Hill who graduated from East Ridge?

Keep on looking guys! You guys are WAAAAAY off!!! Glad you guys are participating! But keep looking.

This wrestler won his first state championship, beating the guy who beat him in the region final. Not to mention he won his 3 championships in diffrent weight classes.

Good luck guys!

Hamm, If we didn't get a program, or did but didn't hold on to it, or don't know where we put it, or otherwise just don't have access to it and didn't catch the answer to your trivia question if we happened to read that particular list, there is no way we can do anything but shoot in the dark on an answer. If you were to give us the list as printed in the program, then we may have a shot at being able to determine who was left off.

Matt Sweeton from Tullahoma won in '98 at 103, '00 at 145, and '01 at 160. In '98 he beat Eric Floyd from Centennial in the state finals after losing to him a week earlier in the region finals. He was 4th at 119 in '99. I don't have my program in front of me to look and see if he's listed or not, but that's the only guy I can think of.

[Edited by CoachBlair on 3-17-03 6:16A]