Favorite Baseball Quotes

Shadrick69

what are some of you guys favorite baseball qoutes, be it in a movie or said by a MLB player or anybody around the game of baseball??? heres a few of mine

"If you cant beat a man, walk him" - Satchel Paige

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, and sometimes it rains...remember that..." - Bull Durham

"The hardest thing to do in baseball is hit a round baseball with a round bat, squarley" - Ted Williams

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It ain't bragging if you can do it!"--Dizzy Dean

"Never save a pitcher for tomorrow, Tomorrow it may rain!"--Leo Durocher

"The single most difficult thing to do in sport is to hit a baseball!"--Ted Williams

"Throw strikes, home plate don't move"--Satchel Paige

"Come on meat. Hit me in the chest. Show me that million dollar arm, cause I have a thing or two for that 5 cent head of yours!"--Crash Davis to Ebbie Calvin Lalush (Bull Durham)

"I didn't want them to forget about Ruth, I wanted them to remember me!"---Hank Aaron

"Tell a ballplayer somethign a thousand times. Then tell him again, because that might be the time he understands something."--Paul Richards (Orioles)

"There will be two busses leaving the hotel for tomorrow night's game. The 2:00 Pm bus will be for those of you who need a little extra work. The empty bus will leave at 5:00."--Dave Bristol (Giants)

"Nice guys finish last."--Leo Durocher

"If you start worrying about the people in the stands, before too long you're in the stands with them."---Tommy Lasorda

"If they throw one at your head. You throw twice (at their heads). If they throw twice, you throw four times."--Leo Durocher

Guest twelvevoltman

The whole mound meeting scene from Bull Durham when they're trying to decided what to get Milly and Jimmy for the wedding, and Josie's glove is cursed. That is probably one of the greatest scenes ever.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection man has yet achieved"-Red Smith

"You show me a guy that can't throw inside and i'll show you a loser" -Sandy Kofax

"I ain't throw an illegal pitch. Trouble is every once in a while i toss one in that ain't never been seen by this generation before"-Satchal Paige

"I've tried them all. I really have, but the only chruch that truely feeds the soul day in day out, is the church of baseball"-Annie Savoy(Bull Durham)

If your a fan of baseball and haven't seen Bull Durham you need to watch it. Greatest movie ever made about the game