To all of the Greenfield doubters and fans

jvaughan

I would like to say to all of the doubters of the Greenfield basketball team a very big thank you. I have printed off numerous pages from this board and put them up in our locker room. All of them saying how Trenton was going to end our season and that we had no shot at beating Mitchell and that Adamsville was just to much for us. I didnt get to run off any for the state tournament cause i had no internet access at the hotel but i am sure that nobody was giving us a chance either. All this did was add fuel to the fire and made us want to win even more than all ready did. So thank you for being part of our so called "cinderella run." Even though we didnt feel it was that. We deserved to be in the Championship game just as much as Trenton and Adamsville did. And to our fans i would like to say a even bigger thank you. We without a doubt had the biggest and best crowd out of any team up there. You dont know how much easier it was to play when you have that many people cheering and pulling for you. Thanks again to everybody.

Adam Vaughan #24

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude are you smoking crack? I can say for a fact that Adam does not smoke crack and that who gives a rip about your section. If you wanna make a post about your fans, start another thread and get off of ours.

Guest avillehoops

you are very welcome for the overrated comments made toward you and greenfield. as we all predicted greenfield did choke and was hardly the team they thought they were. they played a little over their head and have two or three players that are descent and two or three that are just taking up space, ie this vaugn guy. from now on you guys please post all of your whinning comments to the greenfield whiining page dedicated to losers like you.

You're right... Greenfield is so much more than the team they thought they were! Not only did they make it to the state tournament, they achieved the silver ball, the second best team in the state. I don't know that I'd even say second best, I think they were very equally matched with Temple, both wonderful teams.

As far as the comment made about Adam, that was absolutely rediculous. Greenfield is a team that works together, and Adam was a huge contributor to their success. Good job, Adam. I know everyone is so proud of you!

I think that you are just jealous that Greenfield DID prove that they were the team to beat! And guess what?!?!?! THEY BEAT A-VILLE!!! Yeah, that's right! They were the team that made it all the way to state and they didnt "choke"! And by the way, I dont think that Adam #24 was whinning on this thread! The only person that I see doing some whinning is YOU!

[Edited by neutralwarrior on 3-24-03 7:38P]

I would like to now dedicate this thread to avillehoops. You don't know how much inspiration people like you have given me and my teammates throughout this season. But I only have a couple questions. 1 How did we choke? True we couldnt buy a basket in the third quarter but neither could yall in the sub-state game. So really yall are the one's that choked. 2 Hardly the team we thought? That is such a stupid comment I cant even think of how to reply to it. We beat Trenton, Mitchell, the almighty ADAMSVILLE, and then went to state and beat Summertown, USJC, and then gave Temple a run for their money. In all of these games we were only picked by at most 25% on the Coacht big ones contest. So no we ain't that good. And about me taking up space. I dont like to come on here and brag about how great I am cause I am far from being great, but when you come on here and say that all I do is take up space, that is just stupid. Like I said, I dont like to come on here and brag but I only led the single A tournament teams in rebounding and was second to only one player in the tournament regardless of classification in the same category. I also was 5th in assists regardless of classification. But all I do is take up space right? Just like you did while you were in the stands watching us play.

I was at the game on Saturday night. I am a huge Temple fan. I have only missed one game all year. And I just wanted to say that Greenfield's fans were the BEST fans I have seen all year long. There were so many of you and you were all behind your 100% Keep up the great work Greenfield. Hopefully we can meet again next year.

Adam, please don't get upset at the Adamsville fan that is being so rude. After sitting on their side during the sub-state game, I can tell you that the majority of their fans are not this rude, it just seems the rude ones make the most noise.

To the rest, let me say, that Greenfield has had a wonderful season. It has been a pleasure for me to watch this team over this past season. In defence of Adam, he is a fine young man and a very good high school basketball player. Great rebounder, could shoot inside and out, and made some of the prettiest interior passes you'll see.

As for Adam, Tyler and Chad, it has been a delight to get to watch you grow from boys to fine young men. As one Temple coach said in another thread, winning shows some of your character, losing shows all of it. And you all made us proud. It has been a great honor for me to get to witness this wonderful ride.

Temple was a great team, and certainly the best on that day. The score alone should indicate how well Greenfield matched up against them. If you still doubt, ask the Temple players/coaches/fans.

Good luck in all you do in the future, Adam. And, one last time I'll say with Van Halen's 1984 playing in the background:

"And at center, ... a 6 foot, 3 inch Senior, ... Number 24... ADAM VAUGHN!!!!!!"

Guest avillehoops

hey man been there done that three times 93 94 and 95, all i was saying is that you all are welcome for the badmouthing, bashing, and all the things that fired you up, it proves that you played over your heads, on an emotional high. i saw you warming up in the pregame on friday and you didnt look too hot. and to the voice of the jackets, come on man get a real job! i am a fan of aville and an alumni of the program, all i said was your welcome for the put downs, come back anytime..really it wont be too hard to think of one or two. as for vaugn you played dirty in the friday game vs usjc pushin and elbowin the big guy and brown nosing the refs before the game, thats prolly 75% of the reason you got where you were. good job though