Region 2 AAA predictions 2003

boorelly

What are your predictions for the region that has come out of the east the last 2 years. I am waiting to see the roadrunners this spring. On paper they have a lot of promise. Theri RB's should be the deepest in the state. I am going to see the QB, Oline play, and if Kennebreww can be replaced on defense. What are your predictions.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roadrunners should be the favorite to win the region,but, Fulton, Anderson Co., and, the rest of the region may have something to say about that. AE's staff does a great job. However, region 2-3A is full of good coaching staffs. It should be interesting!

[Edited by grizzly on 3-25-03 9:41A]

I agree. You know you always hear about region 4 AAA coaches. But this region has some good ones themselves. Anderson County scares AE this year. You are not hearing a whole lot about them pre-season. But talking to Stevens he is concerned about them because he can't see many people that they lost last year. Scott county has been buzzing in Stevens ear also. They are expecting a lot from that team up there. I really like Lenoir City. But I do think they are at a cross roads. They are my big surprise team this year.

I think Fulton will have the team speed and strength to be in the top of our region! In my opinion the only thing holdin them back will be the loss of this year's *SENIOR* leadership. That leadership is necessary at all times...but it's a key element in the big games like AE and AC...they'll have the skill...but they may lack the leadership in the beginning of the season. Look for a completely different Falcon offense...SPEED is the factor!!! Justin Long will DEFINITELY be bringing a different QB to the game. He has a good, accurate arm...but the BIG difference between him and Jack si the speed. Justin can fly!!! Then Tylon will be steppin up as a wide receiver...and we all know hwo Tylon can run! JAM will step up into the starting runnin back position, as Tyrone may see a little of that RB time too! This will be a good Fulton team...alot of adjustment left to do losing 15 Seniors...but the skill to do as well as this year will definitely be there.

Is anyone interested in helping with a website dedicated to region 2-aaa? I am working on a site and need people to cover each team. if interested, leave me a private msg, post or email me at jjwsiv@yahoo.com

the site will include game recaps, player of the week, game of the week, schedules, etc....

I am a Gibbs alumni and former player and i believe that this is one of the toughest regions in the state. I think that this website will be an important assest to the schools and give the players, coaches, and teams more exposure.

If interested let me know. Thanks.

[Edited by jjwsiv on 3-29-03 7:01P]

I don't know that you can refer to those massacres that took place between Gibbs and Halls as rivalries. Based on my inside sources, Coach Carroll said as long as he's coach that they will never play Halls again. I believe the only reason it was a good gate is because it was a Thursday night game, kind of a "kickoff classic." It appears that Gibbs is shying away from the tougher competition in 3-4a.

yes those were gate games for all schools involved, but i think the main factor was just scheduling, none of the schools had weeks that lined up right. especially with the larger regions (8 teams in gibbs' region and 7 in powell/halls' region) Gibbs only has 3 weeks to play with for non region games.

I always enjoyed the challenge of playing those teams. I had the opportunity to play against Bobby Dagley and Rudy Stinson of Powell and Jason Sweeney of Halls. Maybe one day we'll see them back on the schedule.

Meanwhile, I still see AE, Anderson Co, Fulton, and Kingston as the 4 to beat for the playoffs. But after seeing Loudon and Scott play, I don't think anyone will have an easy road this season. And I still have faith in and support my Eagles!!!!!

I know that this will be another exciting season of Region 2-AAA football.

Still looking for help with a region 2-aaa website, let me know

JJwsiv I will email you can add boorelly to the list for your web site. Let me know when you are going to put it up and I will be on there to give you the down and dirty fo AE. Also contact answer9 (Anderson county) and roadrunner, swamp (kingston). And that would put us 1/2 way there. (4 teams represented).

well it's like any rivalry that is one sided, it might not look like from the outside, but it was if you were involved in it. It was the same with Gibbs and Maynardville, to us it was like life and death because you had beat them so much that you didn't want to be the team that lost to them and I know players at Halls that felt the same way about Gibbs. Kind of like UT and Vandy. While i was at Gibbs, we played Halls as tough as any Gibbs team had, and i loved the rivalry because each team played with class no matter what the outcome. I can remember playing in front of 5000 people in a Gibbs/Halls game and that's not bad for any high school game. I can also remember Halls would bus 90-100 players over to Gibbs and we would barely have 35-45. It was David and Goliath at times. But that was what made it special to people involved in it. We knew each other, hung out together, many were related and went to church together. That's why it will be special to me forever.

[Edited by jjwsiv on 4-4-03 2:29P]