best offensive teams

bballguy4

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i dont know about best offensive teams but, offensive players my pick would have to be brice burkhalter of south pittsburg. also a great defensive player but i want get to that now. he is batting .714 and 4 home runs, 25 runs batted in. well, just check him ou tin the best 2nd basemans. :confused:

Of the teams I've seen this early season, Farragut can send up a lineup of strong sticks - top to bottom - that can rival anyone. The "team" carries a strong "hitter's mentality" that can positively affect each player. Very disciplined and quite impressive in the Worth Showcase Tournament last weekend.

Guest WBdog44

The Wartburg Bulldogs have a lineup that is majorly strong hitters. At least five of their hitters have already hit homeruns this year, and three of those five have hit multiple homeruns. They have one or two more batters in the lineup with that potentiality.

Rockwood, as I've seen, has a great defensive game, as well as they are able to hit the ball and run the bases well. I've not got to see Harriman yet, but I hear they're pretty good as well.

Rutledge's offense is on a roll right now...they've put up 17 runs in each of the last two games, both games were 5-inning 10-run rule games, and the entire lineup is getting into the act.

Morristown East has scored 49 runs in their last three games...

...well...East used up all their runs in those three games, because William Blount thumped them 15-2 tonight in five.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 3-28-03 11:50P]

Based on scores posted on CoachT, Farragut is currently 13-0. They are averaging an even 12 runs per game, and several of their games have ended in less than 7 innings due to the mercy rule. They have no real weaknesses in their batting order. Generally, all 9 batters in their lineup have homerun power. I don't know this for a fact, but someone told me that they are batting over .400 as a team. On top of this, they are doing this in a tough local district and against elite teams from around Tennessee.

I didn't have the opportunity to see the Knox Central team that boasted Todd Helton, Bubba Trammell, and Chris Freeman, but I've heard that some are comparing the current Farragut team to Central's great team of yesteryear.

I'm not ready to annoint Farragut as the greatest team of all time. We can argue that at the end of the season. But they are off to a great start in 2003.

farragut has been swinging the sticks pretty well but not as well as they would like to. they have scored 170 runs in 15 games and lead their district. Knoxville west is another team that can swing the bat pretty well. They get many extra base hits and hit many homeruns for the games that i have seen.

I mentioned in a earlier post that the Farragut hitters have gone to the plate with a disciplined attitude...they are not swinging at bad pitches and this has shown in their OB%. They have a number of excellent hitters that goes deep into the bench. The chemistry on this team is excellent.

Brad Isom - Sr. 2B - is who I would say is the hottest right now.....he hit a grand slam last night at Engel Stadium - a lasar to the left of the Powerade sign on the right field green monster that left the park in a heartbeat.