Region 7AAA

2sporter84

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe the battle for first place will be a dogfight between covington,obion central,and ripley.last year obion central took covington to the wire and might have won if we would've run once or twice instead of passing but we can't dwell on that.ripley and oc had a overtime thriller that won't be forgotten anytime soon.but i've learned anything can and will happen so never count out gibson county,dyer county,or brighton.

any idiot knows that obion played covington close because covington had 4 turnovers and ripley, brighton, and anyone else in this region play for a chance at 2nd,3rd,and 4th now that will be a dog fight. obion plays the most chicken sh-- brand of football i have ever seen!! don't ever mention obion or anybody else in that region in the same breath with covington.

dmill10 some day covington will be rebuilding and they will be in last place and you will be crying. this year central will beat covington and that will put you fighting for 2nd on back. as for obion playing them close on kind of 4 covington turnovers that is only a escuse. central came to play and stuck it the backs. or did covington just lay the ball down for the heck of it.

THAT HAS TO BE THE WEAKEST EXCUSE I EVER HEARD DMILL10. IF YOUR TEAM TURNS THE BALL OVER THAT MANY TIMES THEN WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THEM. AND IF WE PLAY SUCH CRAPPY FOOTBALL THEN WHY COULDN'T YOU STOP IT. IT'S EASY TO ROLL UP A BUNCH OF WINS ON TEAMS THAT BARELY HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO FIELD A TEAM BUT IT SEEMS WHEN YOU HAVE TO PLAY SOMEBODY LIKE RIDGEWAY OR CROCKETT COUNTY YOU SEEM TO CHOKE.YOU'VE STARTED SOMETHING OBION CENTRAL'S GONNA FINISH IN WEEK 4.REMEMBER YOU'RE COMING TO REBEL COUNTRY THIS TIME!!!!

[Edited by rebfan65 on 3-27-03 8:08P]

i apologize for getting off the subject of region 7AAA.i still believe it will be a close race.

[Edited by rebfan65 on 3-27-03 10:43P]

Hahahahaha. Well you got to admit, I was able to get some replies to this post. Now to quell a few misconceptions, if my math is correct, Covington has won 30 games in a row in Region 7 AAA over the past 6 years. In other words, they have never lost a Region 7 AAA game. As far as playing weak competition, everyone in the region plays the same region games. Covington's non region games are usually against 4a and 5a teams. Can everyone else match that. We can't help it if the region is weak. As far as losing to Ridgeway and Crockett county, no excuses there, they outplayed us. Can't say that in the years prior when we beat them. I don't recall the Obion Rebels getting very far in the playoffs, ever. Come to think of it, has Obion ever beaten Covington??? Face it guys, Covington's program is where it is today because of the hard work and dedication put in by their players and coaches. As far as the game coming up in week 4, we hope ya'll keep the same offense you have had. Look back at the stats and look at the 20+ sacks we registered over the past 2 seasons against ya;ll. You can use that passing attack against the weaker teams but when you play a good team, you better be able to run a little. Also you better have a little speed to match up with them cause from the looks of their spring, they are more loaded at running back this year than they have been the past few years.

first off you people in troy need to learn proper english. after you figure out that learn how to spell. once you get past those huge hurdles for you then worry about football. i would also like to remind you that until you make it past the 1st round you really don't have the right to comment on crocket county or anyone else that have made the semifinals or finals....hint covington. and for dog198 they may have a rebuilding year one day and obion or someone may finally beat them but we won't use that as an excuse. and you want to talk about excuses that is the most pitiful excuse someone can use: were rebuilding, it is called out-working your opponent you might want to try that! you also have alot of nerve talking about a bone cracking hit you can't catch covington's backs much less hit them hard. you want to talk about cracking bones on hits, you might want to ask your little qb about that. and one more thing i'm sure they wish you would try to run the ball..... are you kidding me!

you know what dmill10 i have to agree with a few things you said. covington has won 30 region games in a row and that is something to be proud of,they are a great team i'm not saying they're not.but you must know all streaks have to come to an end and central may do it,they may not.as far as not being able to catch your backs,i remember and i'm sure your backs do #15 jo key. he had 12 tackles and 4 or 5 for a loss so don't give me that line.and our little qb i believe had about 287 yards so don't give me that line either. and playing 4a and 5a teams all that means is that they've got a bigger enrollment doesn't mean they're better teams.the past is over,nothing but the future ahead so i guess we'll have to see what happens.oh yeah by the way we're not rebuilding;just reloading.

[Edited by rebfan65 on 3-28-03 6:07P]

now that i've had time to think it over i got some things i got to say.first i remember your state final appearance Portland43 Covington0. you say you hope we keep the same offense anybody who would want to face a offense that averaged 350yards and 35 ppg is out of their freakin mind.i also looked on the TSWA All State team and found only 1 Covington player and he was not a running back so don't talk about how bad you're backs are.we had a mr football finalist who was voted class3a player of the week on 3 separate occasions and honorable mention 4 other times.as a matter of fact we had somebody as a player of the week or honorable mention 8 different times so don't be talking about how weak we are.all this talk about what you've done in the past makes me think you feel insecure about the future.