The Delk twins over Tyler Smith

wizard23

jeff...i'm not part of "the yall" that is talking about tyler.....yes, i'm including tyler....what about cromwell who is #10 on nbadraft??....again i think it is funny that smith and cromwell get in nearly every national publication and the delks do not. but yet (not one)both midstate ballerz happen to jump in front of smith and cromwell and prince who also gets national attention.

Leave smith out of this and argue the case against cromwell or prince??

gomab, are you telling me anthony wasn't getting the looks after his sophomore year?!?!?!?!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I am a moderator does not mean I can't have a little fun. After the post about Giles being number two, I replied that I was wrong and congratulated them on a season of destiny. As for my comments about Tyler. He is obviously a great player at this stage in his career. He does however need to move to the two spot to be an impact player in college or the NBA. I will tell you who he reminds me of. Vincent Yarborough formerly of the Tennesse Vols. In high school he spent all his time inside and thus it took him four years to make the transition to the guard spot at UT. Now he is an average player in the NBA. That is all I'm saying about this subject.

That's exactly what I'm saying about Anthony. It wasn't until after July was OVER in his 16:u season that anyone even knew his name. When I saw him, no one had him ranked; in fact, I had to look on the scorecard and ask the coach just to find out his name....

For those hating on the Delks, GO SEE THEM PLAY, then comment. Cromwell is FAR from the Delks level right now. He is merely and athletic 6'9 with no offensive skills. He has a LONG ways to go, so it is obvious how the Delks, among others, are ahead of him.

Also remember, Andre Allen, who beat out Tyler for Mr Basketball, was a Top 10 recruit nationally after his freshman year, Top 30 the next year, Top70 by the end of his 16:u AAU season... NOW, Andre is considered a Mid major recruit...

Don't put too much into National Rankings... Go watch the Delks dominating this summer, then talk to me....

gomab.....not a delk hater, not a hater of anybody, especially kids. talk about haters, tyler has been getting criticized all year, it's a shame but part of being on top. there are a few people who have been posting on this thread that have showed up on every tyler thread this year dissing him(and they know who they are)

they don't have a clue what or where tyler is playing this summer.they don't know that tyler shot 38% from 3pt range this season. they don't know that tyler was recognized at the abcd adidas camp against the top talent from around the country last year.

blah blah blah...just wanted some answers

do the delks play anymore mid tennessee this summer?? how is the haywood delk related?

what do you know or what do you think about the SE Raptors??

by the way, not hating on you either, just disagreeing which i will probably do again in the future, love to see the rankings, must take forever

Good post Clay...

I am a big Tyler Smith fan. Period. I am also a big Richard and Reginald fan. I am also a big JP Prince fan. Give me any of these four, and I am a HAPPY man!

For our schedule, check out www.unapproved website.com

I know some about SE Pump 'n Run. I know they are always loaded with talent. I have heard a few negative things as well, but just rumors, and nothing that needs to be discussed here. Pump 'n Run is again mega-talented this year, led by Mike Williams, and is a Top 20 Summer Team in the COUNTRY... Check out www.basketballphenoms.com and www.prepstars.com for AAU team rankings...

Guest Bluebobcat

Clay,

You might as well quit the back-and-forth junk being spilled from Tyler haters. There are those on here who seem more interested in dissing young high school athletes more than telling the truth.

Tyler and his team played in front of the TOP coaches in the nation over the weekend and they did well; very well. I don't recall seeing any of the other great Delk players there in front of the Duke, Indiana, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Marquette, as so on, coaches.

Maybe, they're too good to be there.

Blue,

This weekend the Delks will get to showcase their talents at the Houston Kingwood Classic. This is an NCSS sanctioned event I'm sure the Kansas and Dukes of the college scene will be in attendence. Also in the month of May word has it (don't know how true it is) that the Ballerz will be hosting a AAU tourney. Why don't you see if Tyler's team can make it to that tourney. That way we can put an end to the Tyler, Delks arguement. You never know JP and Cromwell may be there too.

The Ballerz, and the Delks, will be at the #1 Tournament in the country this weekend at Kingwood... Every coach in the country will be there...

And yes, Mister, there is a tourney May 16-18 that will pit the best in TN and surrounding states, (including Cromwell and Prince, plus the Delks), so I hope Tyler and SE Pump 'n Run can attend...