Union City Girls

Reb07

I think it is safe to say that Union City has more raw basketball talent than anyother school in their district.

They have NEVER had any coaching during their developmental years. They have now started and AAU team and their Middle School team has improved leaps and bounds over the past two years. Union City Middle School Girls basketball team NEVER had a winning record or one single trophy, EVER, untill this year.

HE is ready, I just hope Union City is. Whatever they do, they need to back up the basketball program, both boys and girls. There is too much tradition on the boys side and a huge upside for the girls, if the people their will support them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sounds like to me they finally got a coach that is willing to put in the time and work with the Jr. High girls, which will directly effect the high school program in a positive way. If you do not have a good feeder program it makes the High school coaches job that much harder. Also if the feeder program/jr high coach is not doing his/her job then the high school coach is gonna have to spend to much time on things they should have already learned in jr high.

I agree with you again beave, he is ready. he is a proven winner in his playing days and now in his coaching days, people don't know what hard work and dedication is, i guareantee you he does, and if given the oppurtunity he will make drastic improvements to that program, the talent is there.

Curt Lee? Why would he leave SF at the single A level his teams can compete. He is a great coach and very well respected especially by me. But i find it hard for him to leave. I would see going from SF to UC as a step back. One reason would be the big 3 OC, GC, and WV. And i have always thought he had wanted to get into coaching boys more. Another thing is the money I would think UC would have to be alot to at least be equal to what he gets for doing head girls and softball, asisstant boys bkball and football.$$$$ I just don't really see him leaving where he is to goto UC for just the girls program. He would definitly help them a great deal, but i don't think it will happen Just my 2 cents.... :)

The words I am hearing are that they may make him take the girls job. Sounds kinda hard to believe. If someone didn't want to lead a program surely they could keep their current job in the system without it being jeopardized. Probably depends on if anyone esle outside shows an interest in the position. For someone not afraid to teach and rebuild this could be a positive situation. It's gonna take time 3-5 years. They are hungry for a winner! It is important to consider what kind of a teaching load would they have to carry? If they get lazy this job situation will be career suicide! What do ya'll think

Jeff would do as good a job or better than the former coach in my opinion. If I remember correctly way back when Lisa Pituch student taught at Obion Central she really undercut and badmouthed then girls BB coach Bobby Hausier. She really wanted to take over the program in his place. What's the old saying, "What goes around comes around!" I really respected Coach Hausier and the work he did with the girls at Obion Central.

how soon till U.C. will make a decision on the position. The sooner the better, now is the time to be planning for summer camps and so on.

who is the front runner? West would make the most sense, just look at what he did at the junior high level, dedication pays off and plus the fresh. and soph. are already familiar with him. look with in U.C.