Union City Girls

Reb07

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan would do a great job and so would Chandler, but the real question is who would want to work in a place where band takes priority over anything. Look what happened to their football coach....one of the best in the business is now selling insurance. Something is wrong with that picture. Bottom line is this.....they could hire Marty Sisco to coach the girls, but until the administration gets behind a coach and supports them, this job ranks at the bottom of district 13AA and west tennessee and any promising young coach should be very careful before accepting a job like this.

I tell you why you would want it, you are not replacing a legendary coach, they have won what 9 games in three years and it looks like some people may be fed up with loosing, and are wanting to do something about it, it is a good move for a young coach. If you can go in and win a few years from now it could be a meal ticket to somewhere else. From what i know if you can win at U.C. you can win anywhere. I do think they need a young coach, who is on fire and a competitor and is a winner, and hates to loose, not somebody just trying to earn a little extra money. West would be the pick and has earned at least the first shot at it.

They have discussed the job with all three. Marty would be the right kind of blue collar fit for that program. He has won everywhere he has been. What have they got to lose? He could also help Coach Fishel as an assistant football coach. Do you think they would really give him an opportunity? Or are they afraid he might, just might succeed? ;)

Bottom line is this.......who wants to compete with the band over there?? And then, try tp put a team on the floor that can compete with McMillan, Russell, LaRue, and the other great( ;) ) coaches of 13 AA.

It will be an accomplishment for UC to get out of the district tourney in the next 4 or 5 years. If West wants it, he probably has the best shot at turning it around. Only time well tell....good luck to all.

I know that I have previous mentioned this, but once again I have heard that Kim Decker is applying for the UC job with her husband also applying for an assistant football position. Just a little food for thought here on a glorious Monday morning.

Now Wimpy why would Marty even think about it. Where has he ever built a program of his own and made it sucessful? I am not saying he hasn't ..well actually I am, but if he has built one then let me know. Sorry, but he just doesn't do it for me I am not saying he is not a good coach for the job but in my opinion he is not. ;)

Paul is currently teaching computer courses at Obion County Central and is assistant football coach. He was a finalist for the head coaching job at OCCHS. He was previously head coach at Fulton City (KY) High School. I've heard the rumor that Kim and Paul were a package deal, as well.

Fullcourtpress, I never said he built a program. I said he has won most everywhere he has been. Newbern - 32-8 including 2 county championships and Best of the Northwest (TN) Champions '92. Ridgemont 15-4 first ever boys Obion County championship. Camden 30-6 - River Conference Champions both years. (2 years) - Two 4A TNT appearances. I think he deserves a chance to lead a high school program somewhere or at least an assistant role. He has paid his dues. He is constantly working to improve his ability and put himself around strong teachers of the game. I used to coach with him at a former school. He is not the bad guy you may think. Often times former umpires are not liked very well. Did you know he used to umpire summer league, high school and college baseball? Does that have any reason why you feel that way? Explain your opinion

Fullcourtpress, I never said he built a program. I said he has won most everywhere he has been. Newbern - 32-8 including 2 county championships and Best of the Northwest (TN) Champions '92. Ridgemont 15-4 first ever boys Obion County championship. Camden 30-6 - River Conference Champions both years. (2 years) - Two 4A TNT appearances. I think he deserves a chance to lead a high school program somewhere or at least an assistant role. He has paid his dues. He is constantly working to improve his ability and put himself around strong teachers of the game. I used to coach with him at a former school. He is not the bad guy you may think. Often times former umpires are not liked very well. Did you know he used to umpire summer league, high school and college baseball? Does that have any reason why you feel that way? Explain your opinion