Corey Brewer... Portland High

3ptline

I only say he's weak because i've played against him on several occasions. He must have gotten one heck of a spot on that bench. I'll believe when i see it. I give him 185 max. But he'll probably be a lot bigger after a year in college. I'm not sayin he's not a good player, just that there's no way on earth he benches 275.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High school kids never max out right... This kid is way too tall and lean to get up 275 on his own... no matter what his strength is... I don't doubt he got up 275 at Portland High in the weight room... But you guys have to realize how h.s. kids max out... Either two coaches will get on each end or two fellow players.. and help guide the bar up... That had to be done w/ him... like i said.. a guy that is that tall and that lanky has a big disadvantage w/ bench... let him work out w/ me and i'll throw 275 on there and get behind the bar and spot him w/ two flat hands under the bar... and i highly doubt he'd get it 2 inches back off his chest!! And here's some info for you h.s. kids that are interested in bulking up and doing so safely... Do NOT max out... It does nothing for you other than give you a number of weight you can call as your max... Build up your bench weight over a 1 month period... then once a week start doing the most you can do 4 times... then after 2 months do the most you can do 2 times once per week... but don't risk it with a one rep max... It does more harm than good... trust me... I messed my elbow up when i was a sophomore in H.S. while doing a max of 315..... and now...7 years later... I still have problems with it... only on certain workouts... but still... it's something I wish I could go back and redo....