Thank You Coach

holdtherope

just a thanks to the softball coach at Creek Wood high school for the courtesy and respect you give our girls.unlike some other coaches in the county,you never run the girls down even when we lose games we should win.the girls look forward to playing for you every day and that is the way it should be.in the end,girls feeling good about themselves and loving the game is what defines a winning program,everything else is frosting on the cake.Thanks CoachNancy Jackson :D

[Edited by BASERUNR on 4-7-03 10:13P]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE TRASH TALK TO STOP ABOUT ANOTHER COACH IN THE COUNTY. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN BASERUNNER HE WAS COACH OF THE YEAR LAST YEAR. HE MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE MOST TACKFUL COACH AROUND BUT HE MEANS WELL. HE AND HIS ASSISTANT COACH FROM LAST YEAR TOOK THE GIRLS TO THE STATE AS THE UNDERDOGS IN DICKSON COUNTY AND THEY CAME OUT WINNERS OF THE STATE AAA!!! when you are on top everyone thinks you are great but when you aren't then they start running you down and they run your team down also. Dickson

County may be struggling in their season right now but they

can still put it together and come out on top because they still have a lot of talent and Coach Buchanan is not giving up on them.THANKS COACH BUCHANAN!KEEP THE GIRLS UP AND SHOW EVERYONE WHAT YOUR GIRLS IN DICKSON COUNTY ARE MADE OF!!

hey batwhatever check your facts.no one named a specific coach and i actually had more than one in mind.no one is running the DC girls down.they are great and remember i am not the one who told the girls they were terrible and that he should have quit after last year.you need to dog someone else about running the team down.

Guest pickoff1

BASERUNR,

I know who you are. This message board was put up to encourage players and to talk about softball in a positive way. This isn't a place to slam on coaches or players. I'm sure Creekwood's coach is good but I know that our coach is good too. He yells at us when he knows we're not giving a 100% so in my point of view we need it. He also encourages. Apparently you don't plan to play softball in college because you're in for a rude awakening, college coaches yell (LOUD). I feel my coach is preparing me to play college ball.THANKS COACH BUCHANAN - GO LADY COUGARS!

[Edited by pickoff1 on 4-10-03 9:20P]

basrunr :) :)BY THE WAY YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POP OFF ABOUT A COACH. HE DOES NOT TELL THEM THEY ARE TERRIBLE OR SAY NEGATIVE THINGS TO THE PRESS. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THE PRESS IS NOT ALWAYS TRUTHFUL ABOUT WHAT THEY PUT IN THE PAPER AND SOMETIMES IT IS MISLEADING TO THE PUBLIC. BE POSITIVE NOT NEGATIVE ON THIS SITE ABOUT EVERYONE AND IT WILL BE A LOT MORE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY THIS SITE!!BY THE WAY COCAH BUCHANAN AND COACH HADDOCK MUST HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING RIGHT LAST YEAR TO WIN THE STATE! KEEP WORKING HARD DC GIRLS AND YOU CAN ROCK TO THE STATE AGAIN!! DC ROCKS!! ;)

[Edited by batbog on 4-11-03 5:51P]

[Edited by batbog on 4-11-03 5:58P]

as a matter of fact Creek Wood does have 2 girls who will be playing college ball!!!!!as i said earlier no names were mentioned and it seems funny that you guys were the ones who felt the shoe fit.i also know some college players whose coaches do not yell.it is like anything else some do,some do not.once again the DC girls are a great team.why do you act like someone said something bad bout the girls.they did awesome last year,but that has nothing to do with this thread.

I THINK THAT BUCHANAN HAS HIS REASONS FOR SAYING THE THINGS THAT HE SAYS TO THE GIRLS AND I ALSO THINK THAT HE DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN THINGS THE WAY THAT THEY SOUND BUT WHEN YOU YELL AT YOUR PLAYERS AFTER EVERY GAME AND PICK OUT VERY LITTLE THING THAT THEY DO WRONG AND NAG ON IT DOESNT ALWAYS EXACTLY ENCOURAGE THEM. AND AS FAR AS LAST YEAR GOES IT WAS ALMOST A COMPLETLY OTHER TEAM AND WE MOSTLY HAVE COACH HADOCK TO THANK FOR THAT. YEAH BUCHANAN WAS THERE TO AND HE WAS OUR COACH AND I THINK I SPEAK FOR MOST OF THE OTHER PLAYERS AS WELL WE WON STATE BECAUSE COACH HADOCK BECAUSE HE ENCOURAGED US TO DO OUR BEST AND HE TOLD US WHAT WE DONE WRONG IN A POSITIVE WAY.AND I DONT KNOW HOW THE REST OF THE GIRLS THINK BUT I PLAYED FOR COACH HADOCK LAST YEAR.

"THE TEAM MAKES THE COACH THE COACH DOESNT MAKE THE TEAM"

BIRD