Lewis County Legends

LegendsPRman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was action once again last night at the H.E. Spears Entertainment Center. Droves of participants crowded around the Arena hoping to get their chance to shine. Three teams were soon created and a mini-tournament took place. The Legends got together to form Team 1, which consisted of Travis "Dirk" McKissack, Clinton "White Wonder" Reeves, Jonah "The Legend" Keltner, Hubie "Brown" Smith, and "Leaping" Lantz Dabbs. Team 2 consisted of the twin brothers Ryan and Chris "Smits" Reynolds, "Tiny" Tim Watson, Michael "Biff" Creasey, and country music legend Rob Inman. Team 3 consisted of "Lil" Jerry Brown, "Phat" J. Watson, Ryan˜s Friend, Wally "Szerbiak" Thomas, Barry "The Bull" Tenison, and Kyle Tenison.

Also suiting up for Team 3 was the first-ever female to play with the Legends; the multi-talented, 1,000 point scoring, record breaking, Britni Tenison. Britni was brought in by Legends President Howard "Hootie" Spears who was feeling pressure from Martha Burk, the head of the National Council of Women's Organizations. Burk was threatening to impose a boycott on Legends Basketball if he didn't open the door to a female member by the end of April. Britney played as if she was under no pressure and showed she could hang with the big boys down low as she consistently banged with Smits, Ryan, and McKissack all night. She also played a key role in Team 3's upset of Team 2 as she went box and 1 on Tim Watson near the end of their game and totally took him out of the game.

The Legends on Team 1 won overall, despite losing the first and last games of the night. They went 3-2, while Team 2 finished second with a 2-2 record and Team 3 finished last with a 1-2 record. The main highlight of the night was Barry Tenison banking in an NBA 3 pointer to beat Team 2 in game 2, when a two pointer would have won the game. Another great moment was when McKissack caught fire in game 3 and connected on 4-5 three pointers to defeat Team 2. ODB was once again on his best behavior and drew no technical fouls for the second consecutive week in a row.

Missing in Action last night were Larry Rodgers, Evan and Andy Lawson, Jason Alexander, and Bobby ˜The American Dream˜ Young. We hope these Legends will be able to attend the games next Wednesday at 6:00.

The Lewis County Legend's Prodigal Son will return home on May 2 with a card full of action set to take place on Saturday, May 3. Joshua "BusterJr" Keltner will first compete in the 5K run beginning at 9:00am at the H.E. Spears Memorial Gymnasium parking lot. That evening at 8:00pm at Barnes Auction House and Boxing Expo Center, BusterJr will challenge Earl "the Pearl" Taylor for the Heavyweight Boxing Title of Lewis County. In his interview last night BusterJr had these comments, "I have emerged as the #1 contender in my current class at the Nashville Academy of Boxing. In addition, I have trimmed my weight from a previous 275 lbs. to a slim 270 in only 10 weeks of training. I pledge to all my fans that I will run the 5K in less that 20 minutes and then I will knock out the Pearl in 5 rounds or less." Plans are being made by current Legends teammate Bobby "the American Dream" Young to host BusterJr a welcome home bash following his title match with the Pearl at the Dream's private club. Richard Duvall III will serve as co-host for the welcome home celebration which will begin immediately after Jr. wins the title.

Guest hoop4Life

The rumors floating around last night and this morning indicate that Evan Lawson, one of the "OL" (original legends) will be making his return tonight after months of no shows and talk of retirement. A press conference has been called by his agent for 10:00 and he has indicated that a press release will be issued concerning this new development. More to follow as it becomes known.

THAT'S GREAT NEWS! EVAN IS UNBELIEVABLE WITH THE BALL. SOME OF THE PASSES HE MAKES, I THINK I SAW ON AND 1 MIXED TAPES VOLUME 4. IT'S GREAT THAT EVAN "THE FLY" LAWSON IS COMING BACK AND I LOOK FOWARD TO HIS RETURN!! WHAT ABOUT YOUNGER BROTHER, "ACTION" ANDY, WILL BE BACK TO REMEMBER HIS OLD FRIENDS, OR HAVE THEY BEEN REPLACED BY MTSU BALLERS?

Last nights action was again played out before a large crowd of fans for thesecond week in a row. Evidently the Legends team was having difficulty staying focused with all the speculation of their hero/coach/president "The Bear" rumored to be headed out west. Also reports are circulating that the Bear may ask for a package deal to bring the "Old Cowboy" Wayne Tatum to Lawrence, Kansas to serve as AD. Longtime fans will remember the Dynasty that "Cowboy" Tatum built in the late 80's and early 90's at LCMS. WT is the one who brought in the Bear to coach the boys basketball team which won numerous district and state championships under the Bear's direction. Also with the Kansas Football team on a current 7 year losing skid, WT would be appealing to the football fans as well. Longtime fans will remember that WT was the man who convinced the "Catman" Wayne Davis to take over a struggling Raiders football team in the late 70's which went on a four year undefeated stint from 1979-1983. When Catman Davis retired WT brought in the "General" Tim Webb who continued to uphold the winning tradition capturing 3 consecutive Civic Bowl Championships 1991-1994. With all the distractions, the Legends suffered their first ever back-to-back losses last night. The Legends won the first game, then went on to lost two straight before T-Mac drained a three in the final seconds of game four to capture the victory 60-59 over the young guns. T-Mac was voted the MVP of the night followed closely by Little Jerry Brown who came in second in the fan poll.