Lenoir City High School

ballinboy

I was raised in Lenoir City. Who are some of the top players from there in the last few years. Here say is that the Cusick kid(6'4" or 6'5") was really tough that graduated in 02'. I Didn't get to see them play. Does anyone know what kind of numbers he had as a senior. Who else could play from LC the last several years. Was there a Massey that played point? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The last I checked both are attending Roane State Community college. Both are good basketball players that played on some very quality Panther teams. However, their true rise to fame will be in coaching. Both Masey and Cusick coach two quality AAU teams in L.C. called the Wendy's Elite. Their teams have been a true pleasure to watch with their high scoring fun and run offense and pressure defense. Keep your eye out on these two quality young coaches! A good blend of coaching and talent will make the Wendy's program a force in girls aau.

This weekend while working a turnament at ft.loudoun middle I had the privelage of watching both Cusick and Massey coach their Wendy's Elite team. I really hope these two youngmen continue to coach in our community. They handle the kids well and are really teaching the fundamentals of the game to our young women. They are helping lady panther basketball and I'm sure coach lee is thankful. I hope more people from our community could get out and watch the ELITE play they play soud aggressive defense and shoot the ball very well. Lets just say the folks in L.C. are proud of the coaches and the girls and keep up the good work. Great Job Elite on a super tournamen this weekend. State or Bust ! Go Elite!

FLMS,

Thanks for all of the info about their coaching ability and their AAU teams. That is all good quality information and it is good to hear that they have a love for the game enough to help out in their city. They sound like good young men. However, I want to know if they have game. Someone said that Cusick played in an all star game? Thanks for the help so far but everyone please continue to add your knowledge

Go Blue!!!

I haven't played with either in a long time but I can give you some info from high school. Cusick played a little bit of every postion on the floor mostly at the wing/post postions. He had quality skills for a player with his size. His shooting was special for a player of 6'5 as was his ball handling. He also showed the ability to get up eith a couple of dunks his senior year. Massey was a quick point who had the ability to score when needed. I think Cusick played in the blue Chips game not sure about Massey. I hope this helps. If you get a chance come out and watch their wendy's elite team play you would be impressed with the quality of play.