Region 5-3A 2003

asdfghjkl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Simply put Marshall has the talent and as always a good schedule.. How about Coach Mac picking up Fayette-Ware who has only won one game in its entire history. Greenbrier always has excellent records at home(wonder why) but has never won a playoff game....That laydown job they pulled at Marshall co. last year was pitiful. Until the green show they can beat top notch competition on the road and I mean 3a and 4a look for a good record and a top 4 in the region and one and done. Page is too young. Sycamore thinks they are in 2a and plays no one tough outside the region. Mont central and Giles not on your life.....and anyone who thinks Creekwood is ready is nuts

Bulldog69.....CoachT has a strength/schedule link......click on it and look where Greenbrier falls.....last year they had the 6th toughest schedule in 3-A......this year will be no different. They have beaten 4-A Springfield 2 out of the last 3 years.....Springfield dropped them this year.....so they picked up 5-A Beech. They also play 2-A state champion David Lipscomb and 4-A powerhouse White House. They travel to both Page and Marshall in their region this year. So if you are implying that Greenbrier plays a weak schedule, you may want to check out this link...or just look at their schedule.

Greenbrier was not one and done last year. They beat Lexington in the first round 27-0 to finish a undefeated season at home. Then they went to Crockett County and lost 21-20........Crockett is the team that beat Marshall the following week 45-0.

How can you say Marshall county always plays a tough schedule. Fayette Ware, you said yourself, doesn't win very often. As a matter of a fact neither does Walker Valley or Harpeth the last few years! The only tough non-region game that Marshall plays is Lipscomb and more often than not gets beat by them. It's true, Marshall has owned 5-3a but don't talk about soft non region schedules. Maybe yall should take a look at playoff records vs teams with equal talent!

Correction: Greenbrier was 11th on strength of schedule...and 10th on success vs. strength of schedule.

Page was 6th on strength of schedule and 30th on success.

Marshall was 48th on strength of schedule and 8th on sucess.

Sycamore was 36th on strength of schedule and 25th on success.

This is out of 59 class 3-A schools.

......Greenbrier always has excellent records at home(wonder why) but has never won a playoff game....That laydown job they pulled at Marshall co. last year was pitiful. Until the green show they can beat top notch competition on the road and I mean 3a and 4a look for a good record and a top 4 in the region and one and done. ..........

Bulldog69,

I agree with you on only one thing......until Greenbrier can win the "big" game, we don't have much room to talk. As CoachHard said, our boys did win their first playoff game last year and missed winning their second playoff game by 6-inches on the road!

That is why we have such high hopes for this season. Last year was a great stepping stone and we are deep at most positions. But, again, potential and talent mean absolutely nothing if we don't do it on game day EVERY WEEK. This year, our region will be probably the second toughest region in 3A. I would say only the region with AE, Fulton, and Anderson County will be tougher.

While we are trying to overtake Marshall County for first, we better be watching our rear view mirror and see Page, Sycamore, and Montgomery Central speeding up on our rear ready to displace us from second! I know Page is looking good again this year and we have to play them at their place. And, Sycamore is extremely well coached and could easily beat us at home if our boys try to overlook them. Two years ago we went to Montgomery Central heavily favored and were badly embarrassed. I think that taught our boys a great lesson that they have not forgotten.

All that said, I think it will be a very exciting year. I know our boys are up to the challenge. As long as they come to play everyone, every week, they should be able to challenge Marshall County for the title this year. I look forward to an exciting year of close, hard fought games!

One and done for Greenbrier...coachhard.. they have never done "it" on the road...last yaer at Marshall Co. was awful, even you can't sugarcoat that. Sycamore still thinks the world is flat and ends at the Cheatham Co. line.. their coach idolizes the coach at Marshall and is badly intimidated....The combined score for the last five years is something like 212-23. Marshall has had their way for so many years ...Page is the only team in the past that has stood up to them. Has any other team in the region even come close to the tigers lately.