Volunteer Falcons

KevB1990

Falconwasp, I was not intending to be critical of anyone. That is why I tried to pick my words carefully. My purpose was to make a statement about the umpire's call. I also did not want to appear to be critical of Matt. The fact of the matter is that the throw was not Daniel's best but, in any event, it was good enough to get the job done. If I had intended to be ctitical I would have stated the matter in a very different way but then it would not have conveyed essence of what happened. My point was to fairly convey what happened. I think my description conveyed the matter in a way to allow those who were not there a fair idea of what happened.

Great game against North. We need some more of that type pitching and hitting this week.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The remaining schedule:

Tue. 4/22 Johnson County home 1:00 doubleheader

Wed. 4/23 Sullivan South away 6:30 (JVs play at 4:00)

Thur. 4/24 Unicoi County away 1:00

Fri. 4/25 Cherokee away 7:00 (I am not sure of the time)

Sat. 4/26 Sullivan East home time unknown- I hope early

Mon. 4/28 Sullivan Central away 7:00 (JV's at 4:30)

Tue. 4/29 Hampton home 4:00

Wed. 4/30 West Greene away 4:30

Volunteer has a game to make up with Unicoi County. It appears that it will be made up on May 1. Seems to me it could be made up Thursday night. Unicoi County's freshmen and JVs are coming to Volunteer that day anyway. Wouldn't that be unusual-a doubleheader at different places.

The JV tournament at Sullivan Central April 30-May 3

The District Tournament begins May 3 at Elizabethton.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 4-21-03 6:58A]

NO...I hope Volunteer does not play a double header at Unicoi County on Thursday. For one, we play Unicoi better at home. Taking a game from Unicoi @ their home field is hard enough, but 2 in the same day is a real test. I believe that the Falcons can take 1 on Thursday @ Unicoi. But that home game against the Blue Devils needs to stay at home.

Pete, read what people write before you respond. I said at different places. Their freshmen and JVs are scheduled to some to Volunteer that day, the first game is at 1:00 and the teams would have time to come back to Volunteer to play the second game. The point being that it would not cost either team anything. Volunteer's palyers are going to have to come back home and The Unicoi varsity can ride the same bus as the JVs and freshmen. In that event, either the freshmen or JV game migth be cancelled. It was only an idea. I think they are planning to play the game on May 1.

Either way pitching is going to be streached thin. I would rather have it streached thin during the week befor the district than the week of the tournament. By doing as I suggested the pitchers will have one more day of rest. The tournament starts May 3. Remember you can go undefeated during the season but if you do not win come tounament time, who cares?

[Edited by CHHS72 on 4-21-03 6:57A]

ok...now that I have read your post. I apologize, now I must say think about that idea. Yes it would be nice (and odd) to have a doubleheader at both places. What non-conference games are coming up? Anyways, are you suggesting (just as a suggestion) that the game be played at Unicoi, then both teams pack up and play the second game at Volunteer on the same day?

I seem to have totally misread your post, except that there was a doubleheader involved :o . Other than that, well that was the only part I got right. But sadly the rain has come again (at least in Bristol), but hopefully this wet weather will leave. Let's play some baseball around here, and get ready for tournament time. Where does Volunteer stand in the seeding right now?

man, didn't you see me during the summer (or even last season for Volunteer). During the summer my goatee started touching my collar bone, so my lady politely asked me to trim it (which means LOSE IT!). But when I was playing in high school, I believe I had the most unattractive facial hair in the conference. And the correct term is "Oompa Loompa", and yes we do grow facial hair.

But enough of this silliness. I'm glad to see the record reflect the talent this year. Honestly, this team has more talent and desire than any of the teams I played for. That's a sad thing for me to say, but it's great to see these guys go out day after day and represent the school like they are. Best of luck, and finish up this conference run strong.