National Rankings

admirals1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have to keep these "National Rankings" in perspective. First of all they are "somebody's" opinion on a bunch of teams that they have probably never seen play. Second, calling them "National Rankings" is a gross over-statement. The current rankings, just like Bearden's supposed National Championship last year, are based on ONLY 17 states. They are the "Spring" rankings. The other 33 states plus the District of Columbia are not even considered because they play soccer in the fall. The only way you can have a real National Champion is to consider ALL the schools, not just a third of them.

That being said, I think Farragut is one of the most dominant high school teams I have seen in many years and I can't imagine Parkview being any better. So Farragut #1, Parkview #2 and I don't care about the rest. Actually, I don't care about Parkview either.

Parkview is supposedly very stacked. Many ODP players, regional ODP players. There are many extremely talented Atlanta teams that compete nationally club wise, and most of the good club players there I would assume go to Parkview, from what I hear. Farragut would not beat Parkview.

It is good to see some Tennessee HS teams playing well against other states this year though. There are a lot of quality teams in the state this year.

Just for fun i would love to see Parkview and Farragut go at it..because i would be willing to bet money on it that Farragut would tear Parkview apart..they had a chance this weekend to play them while Farragut was beating the rest of Georgia's topped ranked teams by 3 and 6 goals.but of coarse even though the games Parkview was suppose to play got cancelled they still backed down to Farragut when they asked to fill in for McCallie.

[Edited by admirals1 on 4-15-03 4:46P]

You must play for them. The quality of players Farragut has is not nearly as good as a team of Parkview's caliber. The tournament was cancelled so why would they need a team to fill in for McCallie when McCallie was ready to play, before it was cancelled? I don't really care, but it is pretty obvious Farragut does not have the quality of players as a team like Parkview does.

Mrfun....Farragut went down and completely dominated two highly ranked Georgia teams. If you look at the games between Georgia's top ranked teams they are all fairly close. Parkview for instance beat number 5 (in Georgia) Duluth 2-1 while Farragut beat number 4 (in Georgia) Chatahoochee 7-1. So to say that Farragut is not near the caliber of Parkview is incorrect. It is a shame they will never play but saying that the game would not be a contest is a huge exaggeration.

mrfun, have you seen Parkview play? Seems like you're just making assumptions regarding club players. "Most of the good club players go to Parkview?" Do you think they recruit club players to live in Lilburn, Georgia? Get real.

For your information, both Chattahoochi and Centennial are in the heart of some of the best soccer clubs in Georgia. The United club has some of the top teams in the state and they were represented well on both teams. Chattahoochi had 2 National ODP team players. As for the quality of players at Farragut (and Bearden for that matter) they are loaded with top club players whose teams have been D-1 State Cup winners and fared well in the Regionals. The quality of players is fairly equal to the best Georgia teams, Georgia just has a greater number of quality players, thus more very good teams.

I have not seen Parkview play this year for the first time in 5 years. Every year McCallie plays them (except this year). McCallie beat them two years ago when they were Georgia champions. They have a several current MLS players. Jon Wolfe is an alum. The school is like the East Germany of Georgia 5A athletics with state championships in every sport.

As for soccer and Farragut, it would be a great game. Too bad it won't happen.

[Edited by takedown3 on 4-16-03 4:58P]

if youve ever played the club teams from atlanta, you would know parkview is good. the atlanta clubs are ranked in the top 10 or 20 in every age group and parkview is where a lot of those good players go to school. i dont see how you could say farragut would rip parkview. maybe they could beat them, but probably nothing by more than one goal.

I agree. I lived in Lilburn for several years as a child, and my father sister, and several other family members still live there. Parkview does not recruit players to their school, however they do maximize the potential of the players they have by keeping all the best players on the same traveling squads from the youth ages, up. It does help that parents, knowing of Parkviews excellence in both academics and athletics, will move into the Lilburn area, just so that their children can attend Parkview. It happens at Brookwood as well(their neighbors from just down indian trail)

As far as i know you cannot base how well teams will do against each other based only on how they've fared against simlar oppostion, therefore, I would personally go with Parkview over Farragut, 1-0, or 2-1. I have seen both teams play and I will tell you that while each side is basically evenly matched skill-wise, that Parkview is a much classier team. When I watched Farragut play earlier this season I have never heard so many "F-Bombs" from one group of players in my life. The Parkview players seemed to have much better composure and that can make all the difference in a toughly contested match.

It would be an awesome match-up but probably will never happen.