Tullahoma has 6 points with 1 game left

Lawrence Co. has 4 points with 2 games left

Coffee Co. has 1 point with 2 games left

Games left to be played:

4/24 Shelbyville vs Lawrence co.

4/25 Tullahoma vs Franklin Co.

4/29 Shelbyville vs Coffee Co.

5/1 Lawrence Co.vs Coffee Co.

The district has been very close this year. It looks to be an exciting tourney. The tournament is May 5,7,9 at Shelbyville. Correction: May 5th games are played at the higher seed.

i think shelbyville has games with lawrence county and coffee county still left. tullahoma still has FC. and i think that is all thats left. right now columbia is in first, but shelbyville will probably take it with only having to win one of their two. if tullahoma beats FC friday they will take third. so as far as the top three it will probably be shelbyville,columbia, then the winner of Fc vs. tullahoma. for the remaining seeds the loser of fridays game will take 5th i think and the rest im not sure about right now. but the tourney should be interesting.

As of 1:05 PM today, the FC-Tullhoma game is still a go. The game should be played as long as no thunderstorms come through. Tullahoma beat FC earlier this year in a tourny 3-0 while missing a few starters. But then again that game was a month ago and teams change. I predict 2-0 Tullahoma.

[Edited by defender08 on 4-25-03 1:10P]

I stated earlier in the season that I thought District 8 would be a very competitive district. After seeing how close alot of these district games were I think the tournament will be very tight. If you look at alot of other districts you can see one or two poor teams that get beat 5 or 6 to zero every game. So right off the bat you can eliminate these teams from advancing in the playoffs. Thats not the case with District 8. You see alot of 1-0 and 2-1 scores. Thats what is going to make District 8 playoffs very competitive. Shelbyville played consistent all year long. Columbia started slow and came on strong at the end. Tullahoma came on strong at the end. I predict two out of these three teams will advance past the districts. Any thoughts????

[Edited by Yankee0697 on 4-27-03 8:41A]