MID STATE AAU BASKETBALL 13/ 14 BOYS

I watched a lot of teams in the last few weeks and mid-state basketball has a lot of good teams.the 13 u boys are real tough and the 14 u also have about six great teams.The coaching has got a lot better in the last few years.The players are working harder on defense and as we all know this will take you along way in tournament time.let support each other no matter what team wins and turn the mid-state area into a power house. Let me know what you think. :rolleyes:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ouch23

Okay, I have heard everyone say how good Nike 14 (which contains the best middle schooler in the state,john Garrot, in my opininon) is and I think we all know they are the best 14 team around here. My question is who is the best 13team around. I think Williamson County Wildcats. Post your opionon......

The wildcats are certainly an impressive team,with incredible heigth and really good shooters. The only teams in the state that can run with them are Memphis select and Nike Select, Nike being the only local team.

oak ridge bulls are also good fundamentaly.what about nike though. With McAdoo and Wyatt down low and Wallace at SF, they usually have a height advantage over most teams. all of them are over 6'0. Not to mention Michael Kelly and Daniel Parker who are both incredible shooters, and parker who passes better than most point guards at that level. Nike and Wildcats will be a good match up, and the teams are both stacked. That will be a good game.

Guest ouch23

I agree that will be a great game. Nike is one of the few teams who won't be a lot shorter than the wildcats. Bothe teams are very big. Auri Allen 6'9" verse 'doo 6'4" will be a tough battle. Both have distributing point guards that can really handle the rock. Nike can shoot better, but the wildcats are fast and tought penetraters. Mark this game on your schedule to watch if you want to see 2 of the best (if not the best) teams in TN go to war with one another.

I think that the top coach is John Patton. In addition to coaching both Nike teams who both are very succesful,he coaches the middle school basketball teams at BA. They have been incredibly succesful. Up to this year, the seventh grade team,i think, hadn't lost a game in a while . he also helps coach the eighth grade team with Lyle Husband. They won HVAC this year and posted a undefeated record. No questions asked, john patton is one of the best coaches and workers with kids in the state. what do you think.......?

Guest ouch23

I agree that John Patton is a very good coach. His players seem to be loose and enjoying themselves. They don't get lazy and seem to take heed of his words.

Coach Steve Philips is also a very good coach. He appears to know the game well and makes it clear to his team what they need to do.

These not the only good coaches or necessarily the best.They are just 2 I have seen and am impressed w/ Othergoodcoaches include Coach Collins, Coach Cooper (magic), and many more. These men all deserve something (a pat on the back? a medal? I don't know what) for the way they are helping the kids learn and grow as individuals.