Smith Co.-Coffee Co. Score??

fanman

Hey Queenbee, I am sure that you had nothing to do with all this... but, is it tradition at Smith county that after you lose to a team in a tourney, that you follow that team from game to game and sit in the outfields cheering for the opponents that they face until the team that beat you loses? And also heckling that teams outfeilders? I guess SmithCounty was happy to see Coffee County lose cuz there were at least 5 players along with 6 or so parents all in there vehicles honking their horns in celebration after Coffee lost. I just thought that it was pretty amusing for a team that wasn't good enough to win on their own to cheer for every team that got their shot at Coffee County, and to actually stay in Cookeville 5-6 hours after they were already eliminated just to hekle Coffee County!

[Edited by footballfanatic on 4-28-03 8:34A]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by footballfanatic:

Oh, by the way, the score to the game on saturday, Coffee 6 Smith Co. 0.(All Coffee County players were present.)

You Coffee County people when faced with a decision to take the low road or the high road continually make wrong decision. You won Saturday, why can't you just leave it at that. You have to whine about this or that. We could make excuses for losing, but we will not. One thing I will say is that little Smith County is 2-1 over the last 2 years against mighty Coffee. If it was up to me, we wouldn't ever play you again. Too many 'tudes for me.

I never meant to be critical of Smith County, if they are that young and this good already, they are going to be definite contenders and a power in the state.

When i speak of this years Coffee County team, you have to mention that they are mainly made up of experinced seniors and that is the main strength of the team. Talent is one thing, and we had talent at the games with out those players, but Coffee County has been led by these players for the last 3 years and without them, we would not win nearly as many games. The leadership and experience of Coffee County this year is what makes them a team to be delt with.

Just wondering if any of that leadership was on Tullahoma's bus yesterday. :rolleyes:

Hey Queenbee, I am sure that you had nothing to do with all this... but, is it tradition at Smith county that after you lose to a team in a tourney, that you follow that team from game to game and sit in the outfields cheering for the opponents that they face until the team that beat you loses? And also heckling that teams outfeilders? I guess SmithCounty was happy to see Coffee County lose cuz there were at least 5 players along with 6 or so parents all in there vehicles honking their horns in celebration after Coffee lost. I just thought that it was pretty amusing for a team that wasn't good enough to win on their own to cheer for every team that got their shot at Coffee County, and to actually stay in Cookeville 5-6 hours after they were already eliminated just to hekle Coffee County!

[Edited by footballfanatic on 4-28-03 8:34A]

Let me see if I can clarify what happened after we lost and COFFEE COUNTY WON...

A few of us decided to go to the Chatt. Central-Friendship Christian game...several of the Friendship players know the SCHS players...three players, one brother, five adults were there

When Chatt. Central won...we decided to go to the next park...When we got to Jere Whitson Park, we sat beside some very nice people from Collierville...the game was just about over...Coffee County won...

By the time the Chatt Central-Coffee County game started... there were...three players, one brother, seven adults watching the game...and yes...yes yes yessssssssssss...we cheered for Chattanooga Central...we were SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see them win...to beat Coffee County...

I love coffee...but I can tell you this...the team from Coffee County has left a nasty, bitter aftertaste in my mouth...the behavior of the coach last year...when WE won...and he wouldn't shake hands...to the display by #3...when our player handed her helmet back...makes me wonder...just what exactly is the thinking on that team...it's just as important to win with dignity as it is to lose with grace...

If I or any other person wanted to stay in Cookeville til the end of the tournament...all they had to do was purchase a $5.00 ticket...and guess what???...You can stay...you can cheer...for whoever you want to cheer for...and just like I do for UT...I will do for Coffee County...I will cheer for whoever is playing against your team...

CONGRATULATIONS CHATTANOOGA CENTRAL...the girls from SMITH COUNTY are THRILLED you won!!!!

hey, just putting interesting information on the boards here for all to read.

And I suppose Queenbees definition of dignity is honking horns of your vehicle and your players walking down to the fence to talk to our outfielders during the game, and Chattanooga Central's is driving by our crowd and honking their horns and showing us in their way that we are infact #1.

If you consider yourself dignified, I would prefer the other. But anyway, i myself do not represent Coffee County's team, I only tell what I see for myself.

[Edited by footballfanatic on 4-28-03 10:04A]

I don't see anything wrong with going to the fence to return a ball that was hit out of the park...GO CHATTANOOGA CENTRAL'S #11!!!...One of our players returned the ball to your team...

I see nothing wrong with honking horns after a game...nothing at all...how did that interfere with the game...the game was OVER...

Someone said that Coach Breeden would deal with the bus incident...will he deal with the bus incident the same way he deals with his players on the field??...cause if he does...I'm sure he took them balloons and flowers this morning!

my daugther was the player playing left field they did not just throw the ball over the fence they said some very bad things to her as far as I know my daughter has never done anything to any other player on another team when she leaves a game she does not batch the other players on ether team. She comes to the game and plays the best she can.

she is in fact a coffee county player and her coach will not put up with his team doing or playing tricks to other teams if you are the moderator of this site why would you come on here and write things that if anyone else wrote they would be locked out. Do not judge every player by one persons conduct and I will not judge your whole team by a few unruley parents and player and spectators. :rolleyes:

[Edited by 911utility on 4-28-03 10:33A]

Queenbee, I think you have had beef with Coffee County ever since you found out that you only beat the JV team the first time. I guess now you would agree that it does matter whether or not the whole team is there.

I also think you have a problem with trying to put words in my mouth, which seems a little dumb considering anyone can go back and read past posts. Now, i don't think i ever said that yall honking your horns affected the game at all, I was simply making reference to that to show that you represented the obnoxiuos, pathetic, redneck morons that you are.

I recommend that this thread be locked and deleted since it is really just a war of words between two people who are just supporters of the teams and not players or coaches for either. I also would like to tell Queenbee and Footballfanatic that both of you are not reflecting well on two good programs and it is time this nonsense was over.

[Edited by mynameis on 4-28-03 10:59A]