Smith Co.-Coffee Co. Score??

fanman

Posted by nununu:

When Smith Co. loses, it is always the officials or the other team cheated. When they win, they try to rub it in. this is a big deal b/c when was the last time they beat a top team in the state. REFRESH MY MEMORY!!!!!!!! ;);)

Baylor in Knoxville, 3 weeks ago. We also beat Coffee County last year 1-0 in Cookeville Tournament WITH ALL of their players. Go back and get the thread saying someone cheated us when we lost. Refresh my memory. You need to give your young kids credit. Catalano is a very good pitcher. They played an errorless game against us. They then turned around and beat a good Wilson Central team handily after our game. There is no need to bash our little AA public school team. I did not want to get into this fray. Coffee has the program we strive to be. Let's just drop this subject.

[Edited by Antwan on 4-21-03 1:09P]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBF...I don't have a reason to have a chip on my shoulder... I'm quite proud of our girls...the way they play...the way they behave...I'm quite proud of our young coach and the way he has stepped up to take over our program...I'm quite proud of SCHS overall...

Who did I jump on???...

As far as whining about losing...I don't know that I remember ever saying our girls lost because of poor umpiring...We tell our girls that we lost cause the other team won...and offer no excuses...simple as that...

all right, if you read the thread, i did not reply at all until you jumped on mikemcgee for mentioning (in paranthesis) that Coffee County was infact with out there seniors. I observed that you simply did not want to accept the fact that you really did not face the whole team.

Although it is my firm belief that you would not have won the game if Coffee County did infact field their entire team, I still think that the team that did go out there is very capable of winning and will be the ones out there regularly next year. I don't even show up to enough games to consider myself part of the organization and I am sure that the people involved do not really care what my thoughts are on how the team is doing. I simply stated that it did make a difference in that game that 6 starters were not present at game time. And, I am sure that any girl that played would agree and would not be ashamed to admit it made a difference either, because it really isn't a big deal anyway!!!!

Guest 3shooter

I understand that you feel that if coffee county had all their ballplayers this would have been a different game. Well that may be true but give credit where credit is due, smith county only had two seniors yes I said only two. There starting team consist of 2 seniors (center, and pitcher) 2 juniors (catcher, left field), 2 sophmores (corners third and first), 3 freshman (right, short, second). Now out of that lineup there are only 3 returning starters. So, if you see it the proper way you still have to say the field was even and smith county came to play ball. Better not count this young team out, you will see them again.

I never meant to be critical of Smith County, if they are that young and this good already, they are going to be definite contenders and a power in the state.

When i speak of this years Coffee County team, you have to mention that they are mainly made up of experinced seniors and that is the main strength of the team. Talent is one thing, and we had talent at the games with out those players, but Coffee County has been led by these players for the last 3 years and without them, we would not win nearly as many games. The leadership and experience of Coffee County this year is what makes them a team to be delt with.